AcelRx Pharma (ACRX) Stock Higher; Sufentanil NanoTab Study Meets Primary Endpoint
- Market Wrap: Initial Claims Show Modest Gain; GE Bring on Q1 Beat; Wal-mart Gets into Money-Transfer Game
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 04/17: (AMD) (SCSS) Higher; (ACTG) (AVGO) (ATHN) Lower
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Sees Q2 Revs +/- 3% Q/Q
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACRX), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for the treatment of acute and breakthrough pain, today announced top-line data demonstrating that in a placebo-controlled Phase 3 study of its investigational sublingual Sufentanil NanoTab PCA (patient-controlled analgesia) System (NanoTab System), the primary efficacy endpoint was achieved. The study evaluated control of pain intensity compared to baseline during the 48-hour study period immediately following major orthopedic surgery, specifically knee or hip replacement, using the FDA-requested primary endpoint of Summed Pain Intensity Difference to baseline (i.e. SPID-48). Results demonstrated that patients receiving sufentanil NanoTabs realized a significantly greater SPID-48 during the study period than placebo-treated patients (+76.1 vs -11.5, p<0.001). Secondary endpoint data showed that SPID at 24 hours and 72 hours was also significantly greater in the sufentanil-treated patients than in the placebo-treated patients (p<0.001 in each case). Adverse events reported in the study were generally mild or moderate in nature and were similar in both placebo and treatment groups for the majority of adverse events.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Starts AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (ACRX) at Buy
- UPDATE: Sandisk Corp (SNDK) Boosts FY Margin Guidance
- UPDATE: Arch Coal (ACI) Probed on Potential Misconduct - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!