AcelRx Pharma (ACRX) Stock Higher; Sufentanil NanoTab Study Meets Primary Endpoint
- AXIS Capital (AXS), PartnerRe (PRE) to Merge in $11 Billion Deal
- Top 10 News for 1/20 - 1/23: ECB Plans Stimulus Measures; Netflix Ramps on Results; Icahn, eBay to Forge New Path
- Box, Inc. (BOX) IPO Opens Up 44%
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- McDonald's (MCD) Posts Q4 adj.-EPS of $1.26; Comps Fell 0.9%
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACRX), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for the treatment of acute and breakthrough pain, today announced top-line data demonstrating that in a placebo-controlled Phase 3 study of its investigational sublingual Sufentanil NanoTab PCA (patient-controlled analgesia) System (NanoTab System), the primary efficacy endpoint was achieved. The study evaluated control of pain intensity compared to baseline during the 48-hour study period immediately following major orthopedic surgery, specifically knee or hip replacement, using the FDA-requested primary endpoint of Summed Pain Intensity Difference to baseline (i.e. SPID-48). Results demonstrated that patients receiving sufentanil NanoTabs realized a significantly greater SPID-48 during the study period than placebo-treated patients (+76.1 vs -11.5, p<0.001). Secondary endpoint data showed that SPID at 24 hours and 72 hours was also significantly greater in the sufentanil-treated patients than in the placebo-treated patients (p<0.001 in each case). Adverse events reported in the study were generally mild or moderate in nature and were similar in both placebo and treatment groups for the majority of adverse events.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q4 Global Comps Fell, Narrower than Expected
- SFX Entertainment (SFXE) Appoints New CEO; Enters Sales Agreement with Viggle (VGGL)
- Ocwen Financial (OCN) Hits Session Lows
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!