AcelRx Pharma (ACRX) to Present Statistically Significant ARX-04 Phase 3 Data in Abdominoplasty Patients
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACRX) announced that Dr. Shankar Lakshman, a board-certified plastic surgeon and AcelRx clinical investigator, will present a subgroup analysis from the SAP301 study at the annual meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). SAP301 was a Phase 3 trial comparing placebo to ARX-04 (sufentanil sublingual tablet, 30 mcg) in 161 patients with moderate-to-severe acute pain following ambulatory abdominal surgery. Dr. Lakshman's presentation will focus on the reported activity of ARX-04 observed in the 80 patients who underwent abdominoplasty surgery. This cohort demonstrated statistical significance vs placebo (31.8 vs 17.6; p=0.001) for the primary efficacy endpoint of the summed pain intensity difference to baseline over the 12-hour study period (SPID-12). Nausea, headache and dizziness were the most commonly reported adverse events in patients undergoing abdominoplasty and the rates of occurrence were similar between active and placebo treatment arms.
Details on the presentation time are as follows:
Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 1:15 PM to 3:15 PM (local time)
Phase 3 Results of Sublingual Sufentanil 30 mcg for the Management of Post-Operative Pain Following Abdominoplasty Surgery
Shankar Lakshman, MD of Pasadena Surgeons in Pasadena, CA; Harold Minkowitz, MD of the Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center in Houston, TX; Timothy Melson, MD of the Helen Keller Hospital in Sheffield, AL; and David Leiman, MD of the Victory Medical Center in Houston, TX
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Findings from AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' Phase 3 SAP301 Study of ARX-04 in Abdominoplasty Patients to be Presented at Plastic Surgery Meeting
- BioLineRx (BLRX) Enters ESLD in-Licensing Agreement
- Flowserve (FLS) Affirms CEO Blinn Retirement Plans
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!