Accenture (ACN) Extends Contract with Dixons Carphone
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) announced it has extended its contract with Dixons Carphone, Europe's leading specialist electrical and telecoms retailer and services company, to support its system integration work following the merger between Carphone Warehouse and Dixons Retail in August 2014.
Under the agreed multi-year agreement, Accenture will extend its provision of application development and maintenance services to the business. It will also help grow the group’s Connected World Services platform “honeyBee,” an industry-leading guided sales and customer experience platform that Dixons Carphone has developed in collaboration with Accenture.
Through this work Accenture will support Dixons Carphone to further develop its digital platforms to best serve its customers. This agreement will enable Dixons Carphone to reduce operating costs and accelerate digital transformation across the organisation.
Matt Prebble, Managing Director of Accenture’s Retail practice in the United Kingdom and Ireland, commented: “Retailers must adapt and evolve constantly if they are to grow and succeed in this rapidly changing global marketplace. We look forward to helping Dixons Carphone evolve its businesses as they accelerate towards digital transformation.”
David Hennessy, IT Director of Dixons Carphone, commented: “This is testament to our long-established track record of successful collaboration with Accenture and we are delighted to be continuing our relationship. We are the retailer people trust to bring technology to life in a way that works for them and we are confident in Accenture’s ability to support us in the next stage of our development.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Accenture (ACN) Enters Expanded F&A BPO Agreement with Schlumberger (SLB)
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces Positive Longer-Term ORKAMBI + KALYDECO Data in CF Progression Modification
- Avid Technology (AVID) Enters Licensing Agreement with Nexidia for Media, Entertainment Rights
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!