Accenture (ACN) Announces Completion of Kurt Salmon Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has completed the acquisition of Kurt Salmon, a leading global strategy consulting firm focused on the retail industry and a subsidiary of Management Consulting Group. The acquisition was first announced on September 22, 2016.
More than 260 employees of Kurt Salmon across the U.S., Germany, U.K, Japan and China are now part of the Accenture Strategy retail industry practice, strengthening its capabilities in delivering end-to-end strategy consulting services to top retailers and private equity firms.
“Digital disruption is driving significant shifts in the retail industry, from changing customer expectations to new emerging competitors, and leading organizations recognize the need to reshape their business strategy and rethink their operating models to remain competitive,” said Chris Donnelly, retail industry lead, Accenture Strategy. “This acquisition enables us to provide our clients with a powerful combination of industry-specific solutions to design end-to-end strategies that not only help to navigate this transformation but also shape it.”
Founded in 1935, Kurt Salmon brings to Accenture Strategy its established leadership in operational strategy consulting, including logistics and supply chain, merchandising and product development, corporate strategy and due diligence, and omni-channel retail strategy.
“As part of Accenture Strategy, we look forward to applying our specialist capabilities to offer our existing and new clients enhanced strategy solutions that will help position their organizations to lead in the new environment, disrupted by digital,” said Brooks Kitchel, CEO of Kurt Salmon.
For more information, visit https://www.accenture.com/us-en/accenture-kurt-salmon-acquisition-retail-industry.aspx
*This acquisition by Accenture Strategy relates to Kurt Salmon’s retail strategy consulting business in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Japan and China.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!