Acadia Pharma (ACAD) Commences Pimavanserin Phase 2 in MDD
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: ACAD) announced the initiation of CLARITY, a Phase II study to evaluate pimavanserin for adjunctive treatment in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) who have an inadequate response to first-line therapies for clinical depression. Pimavanserin is a selective serotonin inverse agonist (SSIA) preferentially targeting 5-HT2A receptors that may play a role in depression.
“Major depressive disorder affects millions of people in the United States every year and many do not respond adequately to currently available treatments,” said Professor Maurizio Fava, M.D., Executive Vice Chair, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and Associate Dean for Clinical & Translational Research, Harvard Medical School. “With its highly selective mechanism of action, pimavanserin may provide a new approach to the adjunctive treatment of patients with major depressive disorder and may represent an opportunity to improve clinical outcomes in these patients.”
“We are committed to the development of pimavanserin in additional CNS disorders that are underserved by currently available therapies and represent a significant unmet medical need. Inadequate response to current antidepressants is one such condition,” said Serge Stankovic, M.D., M.S.P.H., ACADIA’s Executive Vice President, Head of Research and Development. “We are gratified to be able to leverage the vast knowledge and expertise of our colleagues at MGH and conduct this study in collaboration with the MGH Clinical Trials Network & Institute.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Presents Strong Data from Brigatinib ALTA Trial in ALK+ NSCLC
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS) CEO Hunt to Depart in mid-2017; Transition Plan Announced
- Wireless Telecom (WTT) Names Michael Kandell as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!