Acacia Research (ACTG) Unit Receives Favorable Verdict in Apple Patent Case
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Acacia Research Corporation announced that its subsidiary Cellular Communications Equipment LLC received a jury verdict in its case against Apple, Inc. in lead case number 6:14-CV-00251 pending in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. The jury returned a verdict that U.S. Patent No. 8,055,820 was valid and infringed. The jury found the infringement was willful and returned a damages award of $22.1M for past infringement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Reaches Agreement with SEC
- Chemical Financial (CHFC) Names Jeffrey Tate to Board of Directors
- Banc of California (BANC) Appoints Robert Sznewajs to Chairman of the Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!