Acacia Research (ACTG) Unit Receives Favorable Verdict in Apple Patent Case
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Acacia Research Corporation announced that its subsidiary Cellular Communications Equipment LLC received a jury verdict in its case against Apple, Inc. in lead case number 6:14-CV-00251 pending in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. The jury returned a verdict that U.S. Patent No. 8,055,820 was valid and infringed. The jury found the infringement was willful and returned a damages award of $22.1M for past infringement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Allergan (AGN) Enters DELZICOL Patent Settlement Agreement
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!