Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), Zalando Enter Wholesale Agreement
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (NYSE: ANF) announced that it has entered into a wholesale agreement with Europe's largest online platform for fashion, Zalando. The German-based e-tailer carries more than 150,000 styles from over 1,500 brands for women, men and kids.
Beginning this week, Zalando will start offering Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister and abercrombie kids products through its online stores in the 15 European markets it serves, which will provide Abercrombie & Fitch Co. access to Zalando's more than 18 million active customers.
"As Europe's leading online platform for fashion, we are confident Zalando will enhance the value of all of our brands and this business will accompany our strong store and digital presence already established in the region," said Fran Horowitz, President and Chief Merchandising Officer of Abercrombie & Fitch Co. "Zalando is a key strategic partner as we continue to expand our brand reach and deliver a great brand experience to customers in these markets."
"Zalando is constantly on the lookout for new brand partners and we are very happy that Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is now available in our shops. The American retailer has made great strides to grow and expand its footprint globally and we look forward to continuing that growth strategy across our European network," said Moritz Hahn, Senior Vice President Category Management and Markets of Zalando. "Abercrombie & Fitch Co. brings three iconic brands to our business, thus, adds great value to our assortment offering. By entering into partnerships like this, we allow our consumers access to international brands, generate an enhanced offer and make online shopping more inspiring across Europe."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- HOLLISTER AND OPERATION WARM LAUNCH ANNUAL "BUY A COAT, GIVE A COAT" CAMPAIGN
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!