Abeona Therapeutics (ABEO) Concludes ABO-102 Phase 1/2 Enrollment for MPS IIIA Patients
- Wall Street turns defensive on Trump's protectionist stance
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Abeona Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: ABEO) announced that enrollment has been completed for the low-dose cohort (n=3) in its ongoing Phase 1/2 trial for ABO-102 (AAV-SGSH). The first-in-man clinical trial utilizes a single injection of AAV gene therapy for patients with MPS IIIA (Sanfilippo syndrome type A), a rare autosomal recessive disease that causes neurocognitive decline, speech loss, loss of mobility, and premature death.
"Completing enrollment of the low-dose cohort is an important milestone in the advancement of ABO-102 for patients with Sanfilippo syndrome type A," said Timothy J. Miller, Ph.D., President and CEO of Abeona Therapeutics. "We look forward to providing an update of topline data from the completed cohort and the anticipated commencement of the high-dose cohort in the coming months."
The company recently announced that ABO-102 is well tolerated in initial subjects and preliminary biopotency appears promising. Abeona's MPS IIIA program, ABO-102, has been granted Orphan Product Designation in the USA and received the Rare Pediatric Disease Designation.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Minerals Technologies (MTX) Elects Matthew Garth as CFO
- Ocular Therapeutix (OCUL) Resubmits NDA for DEXTENZA to Treat Ocular Pain
- IBM Security (IBM) to Acquire Agile 3 Solutions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!