Abeona Therapeutics (ABEO) Announces Presentation of ABO-102 Phase 1/2 data in MPS IIA
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Abeona Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: ABEO) announced that top-line results of the low-dose cohort for ABO-102 in Phase 1/2 clinical trial for Sanfilippo type A (MPS IIIA) patients will be presented at the Orphan Drugs and Rare Disease Congress taking place in London, UK, from October 19th through October 20th. The company's ABO-102 program, enrolling at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, Ohio), is the first-in-man clinical trial utilizing a single intravenous injection of AAV gene therapy for MPS IIIA, a rare autosomal recessive disease that causes neurocognitive decline, speech loss, loss of mobility, and premature death in children. Abeona management will provide an update on the ABO-102 and other programs on a conference call during the conference.
Abeona Recent Highlights:
- October 5, 2016: announced Data Safety Monitoring Board Approved ABO-102 Dose Escalation for Second Cohort in a Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial for Sanfilippo Syndrome Type A
- September 26, 2016: enrolled First Patient in Phase 2 for EB-101 Gene Therapy Clinical Trial for Epidermolysis Bullosa
- September 21, 2016: announced the exclusive worldwide license of the AIM™ AAV capsid portfolio for next generation gene therapies from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- September 8, 2016: enrolled 5th Patient in Phase 1/2 Gene Therapy Clinical Trial for Epidermolysis Bullosa
- August 29, 2016: completed enrollment of the Low-Dose Cohort for ABO-102 in Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial for MPS IIIA Patients (n = 3)
- August 9, 2016: announced a collaboration with the EB Research Partnership, EB Medical Research Foundation and Stanford University for the development of treatments for recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB)
- August 4, 2016: announced it had received European regulatory approval by the Agencia Espanola de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios for a Phase 1/2 trial for ABO-102 (AAV-SGSH) to be conducted at Cruces University Hospital (Bilbao, Spain)
- August 2, 2016: provided an update on the initial subjects enrolled in the ABO-102 clinical trial, stating that ABO-102 had been well tolerated with no safety or tolerability concerns identified through 30-days post-injection, and that encouraging signs of early biopotency had been observed in urinary and CSF GAG (heparan sulfate) measurements as well as potential disease-modifying effects in the liver and spleen
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Abeona Therapeutics (ABEO) ABO-101 Gene Therapy Gains Orphan Drug Status in EU
- Stonemor Partners (STON) Announces Resignation of CFO Sean McGrath
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!