Abbott (ABT) to Sell Abbott Medical Optics to Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) in $4.33B Deal
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
"We've been actively and strategically shaping our portfolio, which has recently focused on developing leadership positions in cardiovascular devices and expanding diagnostics," said Miles D. White, chairman and chief executive officer, Abbott. "Our vision care business will be well-positioned for continued success and advancement with Johnson & Johnson, and I'd like to thank our employees for building a successful business."
Abbott's vision business has products in areas including cataract surgery, laser vision correction (LASIK) and corneal care products (contact solution, eye drops, etc.).
The net impact of this transaction is not expected to impact Abbott's overall targeted ongoing earnings per share in 2017. This targeted earnings per share excludes the expected gain on this transaction and any costs related to the transaction. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017 and is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CVB Financial (CVBF), Commerce Bancorp Enter $57.5M Merger Agreement
- USG Corp. (USG) Chair, CEO Metcalf to Retire; CEO Successor Named
- Yahoo! (YHOO): Hack Not A Material Adverse Change - SunTrust's Peck
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!