Abbott (ABT) to Sell Abbott Medical Optics to Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) in $4.33B Deal
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/29: (MENT) (CEMP) (COST) Higher; (CAMP) (ABUS) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
"We've been actively and strategically shaping our portfolio, which has recently focused on developing leadership positions in cardiovascular devices and expanding diagnostics," said Miles D. White, chairman and chief executive officer, Abbott. "Our vision care business will be well-positioned for continued success and advancement with Johnson & Johnson, and I'd like to thank our employees for building a successful business."
Abbott's vision business has products in areas including cataract surgery, laser vision correction (LASIK) and corneal care products (contact solution, eye drops, etc.).
The net impact of this transaction is not expected to impact Abbott's overall targeted ongoing earnings per share in 2017. This targeted earnings per share excludes the expected gain on this transaction and any costs related to the transaction. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017 and is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tractor Supply (TSCO) to Acquire Petsense in Net $116M Deal
- National Amusements Confirms Proposal to Combine CBS (CBS) and Viacom (VIAB)
- Alcoa (AA) Board Approves Company Separation (ARNC)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!