Abbott (ABT), St. Jude (STJ) Announce $1.12B Sale of Vascular Closure, Electrophysiology Businesses to Terumo
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) and St. Jude Medical, Inc. (NYSE: STJ) announced an agreement in principle to sell certain products to Terumo Corporation. The transaction reflects a purchase price of approximately $1.12 billion and is subject to the successful completion of Abbott's acquisition of St. Jude Medical and antitrust regulatory approvals. Abbott, St. Jude Medical and Terumo are bound by the terms of an exclusivity agreement.
The divestiture is an all-cash transaction and will include the products globally for St. Jude Medical's Angio-Seal™ and Femoseal™ vascular closure products and Abbott's Vado® Steerable Sheath. Abbott will retain its vascular closure products, which include the Perclose ProGlide® Suture-Mediated Closure System, StarClose SE® Vascular Closure System and Prostar® XL Percutaneous Vascular Surgical System.
Following Abbott's acquisition of St. Jude Medical, the combined business will compete in nearly every area of the cardiovascular market and hold top positions in high-growth segments, including atrial fibrillation, structural heart and heart failure, as well as a leading position in the high-growth neuromodulation market. This combined portfolio will have the depth, breadth and innovation to help patients restore their health, reduce costs for payors and deliver greater value to customers.
Abbott expects to mitigate any impact to its adjusted earnings per share projections related to the sale of these assets to Terumo.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- CTI BioPharma (CTIC) Presents Statistically Significant Data from PERSIST-2 at ASH 2016
- Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) Announces FDA Orphan Drug Designation for VK0214 to Treat X-ALD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!