AbbVie (ABBV) Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for Change in Humira Marketing Approval
- Wall Street turns defensive on Trump's protectionist stance
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
On 10 November 2016, the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) adopted a positive opinion recommending a change to the terms of the marketing authorisation for the medicinal product Humira. The marketing authorisation holder for this medicinal product is AbbVie Ltd. (NYSE: ABBV).
The CHMP adopted an extension to an existing indication as follows2:
“Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS)
Humira is indicated for the treatment of active moderate to severe hidradenitis suppurativa (acne inversa) in adults and adolescents patientsfrom 12 years of age with an inadequate response to conventional systemic HS therapy”
For information, the full indications for Humira will be as follows:
Humira in combination with methotrexate, is indicated for:
- the treatment of moderate to severe, active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients when the response to disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs including methotrexate has been inadequate.
- the treatment of severe, active and progressive rheumatoid arthritis in adults not previously treated with methotrexate.
Humira can be given as monotherapy in case of intolerance to methotrexate or when continued treatment with methotrexate is inappropriate.
Humira has been shown to reduce the rate of progression of joint damage as measured by X-ray and to improve physical function, when given in combination with methotrexate.
1 Summaries of positive opinion are published without prejudice to the Commission decision, which will normally be issued 67 days from adoption of the opinion
2 New text in bold, removed text as strikethrough
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AbbVie (ABBV) Announces FDA Approval for IMBRUVICA to Treat Specifically Indicated for R/R MZL
- Banc of California (BANC) Trades Lower After Announce SEC Probe, CEO Resignation
- Endo Int'l (ENDP) Agrees to Abandon Noncompetitive Pay-for-Delay in Settlement with FTC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!