AT&T signs on Fox for DirectTV Now
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
An AT&T logo and communication equipment is shown on a building in downtown Los Angeles, California October 29, 2014. REUTERS/Mike Blake/File Photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
By Jessica Toonkel
(Reuters) - AT&T (NYSE: T) has signed a deal with Fox Networks Group to continue showing its networks across its offerings including its online video service, DirectTV Now, the two companies announced on Monday.
The signing of Fox leaves CBS Corp (NYSE: CBS) as the last major holdout not to have its networks on DirectTV Now, which will have a mix of live and on-demand broadcasts on over 100 channels and will cost $35 per month. AT&T is holding a launch event on Nov. 28 to provide more details about the service.
Under the agreement 21st Century Fox's (NASDAQ: FOXA) networks, including its popular Fox New Channel, FX, Big Ten Network and its regional sports networks, will be available to DirecTV viewers, according to a statement by the company.
At a conference last month, AT&T Chief Executive Randall Stephenson said he expected Fox to be part of the DirectTV Now package.
Twenty-First Century Fox is a co-owner of Hulu, which is planning to launch its own online video streaming service that will include live programming early next year.
(Reporting By Jessica Toonkel; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T touts Time Warner merger at U.S. Senate hearing
- China criticizes U.S. for blocking German Aixtron deal
- Tainted homemade rice wine kills 15 at funerals in Cambodia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, General News, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!