AT&T (T) and Communications Workers of America Reach Tentative Agreement in NIC Negotiations
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
AT&T Internet Services (NYSE: T) has reached a tentative agreement with the Communications Workers of America on the National Internet Contract (NIC).
The agreement covers nearly 1,200 CWA-represented wireline employees in 16 states who work on areas of AT&T's business related to products such as IPTV and DSL. It will be submitted to the union's membership for a ratification vote in the coming days.
The agreement is the latest to be reached covering union-represented AT&T employees. The company has now reached 19 agreements with the CWA and IBEW in 2015 and 2016, collectively covering over 95,000 employees. Among other recent agreements:
- Three tentative agreements reached on Sept. 29 covering over 2,100 CWA-represented former DirecTV employees in 15 states in the company's Midwest, Southeast and Southwest regions.
- One ratified on Sept. 1 covering over 20 IBEW-represented employees in California.
- One ratified on Aug. 30 covering over 40,000 CWA-represented AT&T Mobility employees across the country.
- Two ratified in August 2016 covering about 3,000 IBEW-represented former DirecTV employees in 14 states.
- One ratified in April 2016 covering over 9,400 CWA-represented AT&T Mobility employees in our Southwest region.
- Three wireline contracts ratified in December 2015 – one with AT&T Southeast wireline operations, and smaller regional contracts covering AT&T Billing Southeast and Southeast Utility Operations – totaling about 24,000 CWA-represented wireline employees in the region.
- Two ratified in June 2015 covering about 16,500 CWA represented wireline employees in our Midwest and Legacy T (also known as AT&T Corp.) contracts.
More information will be posted on www.att.com/corewirelinebargaining as it is available.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) CFO to Alan Haughie Retire; Anthony DiLucente to Succeed; Reaffirms FY Guidance
- Salem Media Group (SALM) Acquires ChristianConcertAlerts.com
- Ceragon Networks (CRNT) Announces Receipt of $60M in Orders for IP-20 Platform from Tier 1 Mobile Operator
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!