AT&T (T) and Communications Workers of America Reach Tentative Agreement in NIC Negotiations
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
AT&T Internet Services (NYSE: T) has reached a tentative agreement with the Communications Workers of America on the National Internet Contract (NIC).
The agreement covers nearly 1,200 CWA-represented wireline employees in 16 states who work on areas of AT&T's business related to products such as IPTV and DSL. It will be submitted to the union's membership for a ratification vote in the coming days.
The agreement is the latest to be reached covering union-represented AT&T employees. The company has now reached 19 agreements with the CWA and IBEW in 2015 and 2016, collectively covering over 95,000 employees. Among other recent agreements:
- Three tentative agreements reached on Sept. 29 covering over 2,100 CWA-represented former DirecTV employees in 15 states in the company's Midwest, Southeast and Southwest regions.
- One ratified on Sept. 1 covering over 20 IBEW-represented employees in California.
- One ratified on Aug. 30 covering over 40,000 CWA-represented AT&T Mobility employees across the country.
- Two ratified in August 2016 covering about 3,000 IBEW-represented former DirecTV employees in 14 states.
- One ratified in April 2016 covering over 9,400 CWA-represented AT&T Mobility employees in our Southwest region.
- Three wireline contracts ratified in December 2015 – one with AT&T Southeast wireline operations, and smaller regional contracts covering AT&T Billing Southeast and Southeast Utility Operations – totaling about 24,000 CWA-represented wireline employees in the region.
- Two ratified in June 2015 covering about 16,500 CWA represented wireline employees in our Midwest and Legacy T (also known as AT&T Corp.) contracts.
More information will be posted on www.att.com/corewirelinebargaining as it is available.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T Research Shows That Most Businesses Are Suffering from Preventable Cyberattacks, Not New or Unknown Threats
- State Street (STT) Announces Renewal of Investment Manager Services Outsourcing Agreement with PIMCO
- HNA Group to Acquire 25% Stake in Hilton Worldwide (HLT) from Blackstone (BX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!