AT&T (T) Enters New Strategic Cloud, Networking Collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AMZN)
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AT&T (NYSE: T) has reached a multi-year, strategic alliance agreement with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to optimize delivery of integrated solutions built on the companies' respective cloud and networking capabilities. The collaboration is designed to help both existing and new customers more efficiently migrate to and utilize the AWS Cloud with the AT&T network. The solutions are intended to span cloud networking, mobility, Internet of Things (IoT), security and analytics.
"Customers of all sizes are quickly migrating to the AWS Cloud to reduce their data center footprint, become more agile and take advantage of innovation in areas such as IoT, Big Data and Analytics," said Terry Wise, Vice President of Worldwide Partner Ecosystem, Amazon Web Services, Inc. "Advanced connectivity and network solutions are critical to enabling our customers to get the most out of our services. We are excited to expand our alliance with AT&T and deliver new solutions designed to enable customers to accelerate their journey to the AWS Cloud."
"For many enterprises, the cloud's potential can be equal parts tantalizing and challenging. Emerging technology trends and fluctuating needs mean that a company's plans are dynamic, and can quickly change," said Mo Katibeh, Senior Vice President, Advanced Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. "Together, AT&T and AWS can help streamline the leap to the cloud. We're helping businesses connect everything and anything to the cloud. More importantly, we're doing this so it can be simple, scalable and highly secure."
The collaboration will focus in three main business areas, with potential expansion in the future:
- Business Cloud Networking: Since the integration was initially launched, AT&T NetBond® has become an increasingly popular way for customers to establish high-speed, highly secure network connections to the AWS Cloud. In fact, the AT&T NetBond ecosystem has seen four fold growth in connections and eight fold in traffic over the last year. In order to deliver even more advanced networking capabilities to customers, AT&T and AWS will work together to identify new solutions with security, performance, and mobility in mind. Emphasis will be placed on enhancing end-to-end customer visibility across more highly secure and high performing network connections, allowing for faster and more automated decision making capabilities to the customer.
- IoT: AT&T and AWS will coordinate introduction of AT&T IoT-connected sensors and devices preconfigured to seamlessly and more securely send data into the AWS Cloud. This integration will provide customers with massive breadth and scale. It brings together AT&T's global network, which connects nearly 29 million connected devices as of 2Q 2016 and reaches over 200 countries and territories, with AWS IoT, a managed cloud platform that can more securely and reliably scale to billions of devices and trillions of messages. Integration with the AT&T IoT Starter Kit and IoT Data plans are also intended to be included, which would allow customers to build their own solutions using AT&T IoT and AWS IoT.
- Threat Management:AT&T and AWS both view security as the highest priority. As part of this expanded strategic relationship, AT&T and AWS plan to employ their respective expertise and knowledge in security to help customers prevent, detect, and respond to threats faster and more efficiently. Using threat data and knowledge from both organizations will help fuel the processes and tools that comprise AT&T Threat Intellect, the "brains" behind AT&T's security platform that uses advanced analytics to help provide improved end-to-end security protection for every user on our network.
With a key focus on implementing innovative strategies, the alliance relationship will bring together designated professionals from each company to integrate automated and flexible cloud solutions in support of the global, mobilized workforce.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T's DirecTV Now online video service to cost $35 per month
- Ballard Power (BLDP) Closes China JV Transaction with Synergy; Receives Initial Payments
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) Announces Completion of Raptor Pharma (RPTP) Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!