AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
As has been rumored over the past couple days, AT&T (NYSE: T) has agreed to acquire Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) for $105-$110 per share, or more than $80 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday afternoon. A deal is expected to be announced Saturday evening.
Shares of Time Warner closed at $89.48 per share on Friday and were below $80 per share before deal rumors surfaced. Bloomberg News first reported on Thursday that the two sides were in talks, although it wasn't known how serious the talks were until Friday.
The move by AT&T pushes it further into the entertainment and content business and away from its traditional wireline and wireless phone business, which it has been traditionally known. In 2015, AT&T completed its $49 billion acquisition of DIRECTV - the largest pay TV provider in the United States. It was also in the bidding for Yahoo!'s Internet assets before getting bested by Verizon.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Air T, Inc. (AIRT) Unit Awarded Delta Air Lines GSE Maintenance Contract
- Alaska Air wins U.S. antitrust approval for Virgin deal with conditions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!