AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
As has been rumored over the past couple days, AT&T (NYSE: T) has agreed to acquire Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) for $105-$110 per share, or more than $80 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday afternoon. A deal is expected to be announced Saturday evening.
Shares of Time Warner closed at $89.48 per share on Friday and were below $80 per share before deal rumors surfaced. Bloomberg News first reported on Thursday that the two sides were in talks, although it wasn't known how serious the talks were until Friday.
The move by AT&T pushes it further into the entertainment and content business and away from its traditional wireline and wireless phone business, which it has been traditionally known. In 2015, AT&T completed its $49 billion acquisition of DIRECTV - the largest pay TV provider in the United States. It was also in the bidding for Yahoo!'s Internet assets before getting bested by Verizon.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
- Safe Bulkers (SB) Plans Common Stock Offering
- Matador Resources (MTDR) to Offer 5M Shares of Common Stock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!