ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Announces U.S. FDA Acceptanct of Brigatinib NDA; Request for Priority Review Granted
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARIA) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for review the New Drug Application (NDA) for ARIAD’s investigational oral anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibitor, brigatinib, in patients with metastatic ALK-positive (ALK+) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who have progressed on crizotinib. The FDA granted ARIAD’s request for Priority Review and has set an action date of April 29, 2017 under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA).
“The FDA acceptance of our application is an important milestone in our ongoing efforts to discover, develop and deliver highly innovative treatments for patients with rare cancers,” said Paris Panayiotopoulos, president and chief executive officer of ARIAD. “We are pleased that our significant R&D investments in brigatinib and our work with the FDA are bringing us closer to potentially offering a treatment option for patients with ALK+ NSCLC who are refractory to crizotinib. We look forward to continuing to work closely with the FDA during the brigatinib NDA review and remain committed to developing critical therapies for unserved and underserved small patient populations suffering from rare cancers.”
ARIAD’s NDA submission includes clinical data from its Phase 1/2 and pivotal Phase 2 ALTA trials of brigatinib. The FDA’s Priority Review status accelerates the review time from 10 months to a goal of six months from the filing of the application. Brigatinib received Breakthrough Therapy designation from the FDA for the treatment of patients with ALK+ NSCLC whose tumors are resistant to crizotinib, and was granted orphan drug designation by the FDA for the treatment of ALK-positive, ROS1-positive, and EGFR-positive NSCLC. ARIAD plans to submit a Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) for brigatinib to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) in early 2017.
ARIAD is a small, research-driven biotechnology company. ARIAD has invested more than $1.3 billion in R&D since the Company was founded. In 2015, ARIAD generated $119 million in total revenue and invested $171 million, or 143 percent of revenue, in R&D.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Announces Presentation of Brigatinib Phase 1/2, ALTA Trial Data; ORRs of 53% and 67% Noted
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN) Offers LT Follow-up Data on ADCETRIS in T-Cell Lymphomas; Median CR Duration Not Reached
- TherapeuticsMD (TXMD) Announces Positive Data from TX-001HR Phase 3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!