ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Acknowledges Receipt of Congressional Letter; Issues Commentary
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARIA) acknowledged the receipt of a Congressional letter and reaffirmed its commitment to discovering and developing treatments for patients with rare cancers with the following statement:
ARIAD is a small, research-driven biotechnology company. Its mission is the discovery, development and delivery of highly innovative treatments for patients with rare cancers, including those with no other treatment options available today. The Company applies its deep in-house expertise and makes significant investments in research and development (R&D) to advance breakthrough treatments for patients.
The Company recognizes the high cost of innovative oncology drugs and believes in the importance and efficacy of its products. Importantly, to achieve its mission, ARIAD has invested more than $1.3 billion in R&D and accumulated losses of approximately $1.4 billion since the Company was founded, which have not been recovered. In 2015, ARIAD generated $119 million in total revenue and invested $171 million, or 143% of revenue, in R&D. After years of risk-taking and research, the Company has brought its first product to market serving a very small and seriously ill group of cancer patients. ARIAD remains fully committed to developing critical therapies for unserved and underserved small patient populations suffering from rare cancers.
The Company has received a letter from Rep. Cummings and Sen. Sanders requesting information and plans to respond to their request.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Receives Adverse Decision in Texas Hip Implants Case; Will Pay $1B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!