ANSYS (ANSS) Enters Analytics Software Agreement with Caterpillar (CAT)
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ANSYS (Nasdaq: ANSS) has reached an agreement with Caterpillar Inc., the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, engines, industrial turbines and diesel-electric locomotives, for software that allows for multiphysics analysis to be performed on a single engineering simulation solution platform. ANSYS software empowers heavy equipment manufacturing companies to better solve some of the industry's toughest design challenges while offering their customers some of the most cutting-edge products on the market.
Utilizing simulation early on in the design process enables engineers across multiple disciplines to more efficiently work together and better innovate product design by eliminating the need for manual data handling, which can cause delays and errors. By employing ANSYS solutions in a single, unified simulation platform, engineers and designers worldwide can optimize product designs for mining and construction equipment faster, reduce physical prototype testing, shorten product development cycles and deliver better, more robust products faster.
"As companies continue to rely more on engineering simulation they are finding major efficiency gains by standardizing on a common simulation platform," said Sandeep Sovani, ANSYS' global industry director, ground transportation. "We're thrilled that Caterpillar has chosen ANSYS for their product simulation needs. We are confident our simulation platform further enhances Caterpillar's speed to innovate, helping them deliver superior products faster and increase profitability."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Inovio Pharma (INO) Announces FDA Clinical Hold Placed on Proposed VGX-3100 Phase 3
- DragonWave's (DRWI) Harmony Radio, Hub 800 Products Selected by Leading Australian Telecom
- The New York Times Co. (NYT) Announces Acquisition of Two Product-Recommendation Service Companies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!