ANSYS (ANSS) Enters Analytics Software Agreement with Caterpillar (CAT)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ANSYS (Nasdaq: ANSS) has reached an agreement with Caterpillar Inc., the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, engines, industrial turbines and diesel-electric locomotives, for software that allows for multiphysics analysis to be performed on a single engineering simulation solution platform. ANSYS software empowers heavy equipment manufacturing companies to better solve some of the industry's toughest design challenges while offering their customers some of the most cutting-edge products on the market.
Utilizing simulation early on in the design process enables engineers across multiple disciplines to more efficiently work together and better innovate product design by eliminating the need for manual data handling, which can cause delays and errors. By employing ANSYS solutions in a single, unified simulation platform, engineers and designers worldwide can optimize product designs for mining and construction equipment faster, reduce physical prototype testing, shorten product development cycles and deliver better, more robust products faster.
"As companies continue to rely more on engineering simulation they are finding major efficiency gains by standardizing on a common simulation platform," said Sandeep Sovani, ANSYS' global industry director, ground transportation. "We're thrilled that Caterpillar has chosen ANSYS for their product simulation needs. We are confident our simulation platform further enhances Caterpillar's speed to innovate, helping them deliver superior products faster and increase profitability."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- EQT Equity Completes Press Ganey (PGND) Acquisition
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!