ANSYS (ANSS) Enters Analytics Software Agreement with Caterpillar (CAT)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ANSYS (Nasdaq: ANSS) has reached an agreement with Caterpillar Inc., the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, engines, industrial turbines and diesel-electric locomotives, for software that allows for multiphysics analysis to be performed on a single engineering simulation solution platform. ANSYS software empowers heavy equipment manufacturing companies to better solve some of the industry's toughest design challenges while offering their customers some of the most cutting-edge products on the market.
Utilizing simulation early on in the design process enables engineers across multiple disciplines to more efficiently work together and better innovate product design by eliminating the need for manual data handling, which can cause delays and errors. By employing ANSYS solutions in a single, unified simulation platform, engineers and designers worldwide can optimize product designs for mining and construction equipment faster, reduce physical prototype testing, shorten product development cycles and deliver better, more robust products faster.
"As companies continue to rely more on engineering simulation they are finding major efficiency gains by standardizing on a common simulation platform," said Sandeep Sovani, ANSYS' global industry director, ground transportation. "We're thrilled that Caterpillar has chosen ANSYS for their product simulation needs. We are confident our simulation platform further enhances Caterpillar's speed to innovate, helping them deliver superior products faster and increase profitability."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!