AK Steel (AKS) Announces Union Pact Ratification for Butler Works
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
AK Steel (NYSE: AKS) said today that members of the United Auto Workers (UAW), Local 3303, have ratified a two and a half year labor agreement covering about 1,200 hourly production and maintenance employees at the company's Butler (PA) Works. AK Steel said that UAW officials notified the company that the contract was ratified in voting held on August 8 and 9, 2016 in Butler. The agreement will be in effect until April 1, 2019.
"We are pleased to have reached a labor agreement at Butler Works ahead of the expiration date," said Roger K. Newport, Chief Executive Officer of AK Steel. "This early resolution positions us well to meet the future needs of our customers, as we continue to drive our sales of more value-added and innovative products."
Butler Works produces a wide range of flat-rolled steel products, including electrical steels that are among the most energy efficient in the world, as well as a variety of stainless and carbon steels.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!