AK Steel (AKS) Announces Union Pact Ratification for Butler Works
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AK Steel (NYSE: AKS) said today that members of the United Auto Workers (UAW), Local 3303, have ratified a two and a half year labor agreement covering about 1,200 hourly production and maintenance employees at the company's Butler (PA) Works. AK Steel said that UAW officials notified the company that the contract was ratified in voting held on August 8 and 9, 2016 in Butler. The agreement will be in effect until April 1, 2019.
"We are pleased to have reached a labor agreement at Butler Works ahead of the expiration date," said Roger K. Newport, Chief Executive Officer of AK Steel. "This early resolution positions us well to meet the future needs of our customers, as we continue to drive our sales of more value-added and innovative products."
Butler Works produces a wide range of flat-rolled steel products, including electrical steels that are among the most energy efficient in the world, as well as a variety of stainless and carbon steels.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Names Blaine Hurst President
- AK Steel (AKS) to Increase Stainless Steel Prices
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!