AK Steel (AKS) Announces Launch of New NEXMET Product Line
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AK Steel (NYSE: AKS) announced today it is launching NEXMET™, an innovative family of high strength steels for use in automotive lightweighting applications. These products are specifically designed to assist automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in meeting 2025 U.S. Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) targets.
AK Steel's NEXMET family of products will offer high strength, greater ductility (elongation), and improved formability solutions for a range of needs for structural and exterior automotive body lightweighting uses.
NEXMET 440EX is the company's first new steel to be launched in this family of products. This new exposed surface quality product combines high yield and tensile strength at thinner gauges to facilitate lightweight designs. This results in enhanced performance where surface appearance and dent resistance are critical. AK Steel's NEXMET 440EX is currently available and is being qualified by automotive OEMs as a steel solution for exposed body panel lightweighting needs.
"We are excited about the opportunities NEXMET 440EX offers automotive designers in their efforts to lightweight vehicles," said Roger K. Newport, Chief Executive Officer of AK Steel. "This product is yet another important part of AK Steel's strategy to offer innovative products for our customers."
AK Steel will launch its Next Generation Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) products, NEXMET 1000 and 1200 in early 2017, following completion of upgrades at AK Steel's Dearborn Works hot dip galvanized line. These AHSS steels will offer significantly improved ductility at tensile strengths of 1000 megapascal (MPa) and 1200 MPa, and will be used to help lightweight automotive body structures.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN), Sanofi (SNY) Enter Pact for ELIXA Trial Biomarker Analysis
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces New Data from Opdivo Phase 2 in cHL; ORR was 73% Across Subgroups
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!