AIG (AIG) Moves Higher in Mid-Day Trading, Seeks to Dismiss Greenberg Suit
- Top 10 News for 09/28 - 10/2: Nonfarm Numbers Lag in Sept.; Splitsville for Alcoa; Initial Sales of Apple's Latest iPhone Set Record
- September Jobs Report Weaker Than Expected at 142K, Prior Months Revised Down 59K
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces 11,580 Deliveries in Q3; Includes First Model X Units
- Wall Street ends higher in sharp turnaround
- @Jack Back = Twitter (TWTR) Sold - Analyst
Shares of AIG (NYSE: AIG) moved higher mid-day on Monday. Reports say the insurance company asked a court to block former CEO Hank Greenberg's efforts to sue the government, warning it could cause a backlash and harm business. Greenberg is suing the government on AIG's behalf, claiming the company was unfairly compensated during the government's bailout.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Greek Court Allows Eldorado Gold (EGO) to Resume Operations Temporarily - Reuters
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR) Amends Senior Secured Facility; Board Approves $300M Common Stock Buyback
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains as Bull Sees Rays of Sunshine During the Storm
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMaurice R. "Hank" Greenberg
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!