AIG (AIG) Moves Higher in Mid-Day Trading, Seeks to Dismiss Greenberg Suit
- Top 10 News for 5/23 - 5/27: Computer Sciences to Acquire Key Enterprise Asset; Bayer Makes Run at Monsanto; Twitter has 'Character' Change
- Wall Street puts finishing touch on best week since March
- Marketo (MKTO) Deal Talk to Force Microsoft's (MSFT) Big Wallet Into Action
- Thermo Fisher (TMO) to Acquire FEI Company (FEIC) in ~$4.2B Deal
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Rejected Joint Takeda, TPG Takeover Approach - WSJ
Shares of AIG (NYSE: AIG) moved higher mid-day on Monday. Reports say the insurance company asked a court to block former CEO Hank Greenberg's efforts to sue the government, warning it could cause a backlash and harm business. Greenberg is suing the government on AIG's behalf, claiming the company was unfairly compensated during the government's bailout.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hercules Offshore (HERO) Enters Restructuring Support Agreement with Lenders; Will Solicit Ch. 11 Petitions
- GeoInvesting Said Cautious on MGT Capital Investments (MGT)
- MasterCraft (MCFT) Declares $4.30 Special Dividend; 32.7% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMaurice R. "Hank" Greenberg
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!