ADTRAN, Inc. (ADTN) Announces Acquisition of CommScope's (COMM) Fiber Access Products
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ADTRAN, Inc., (Nasdaq: ADTN) announced that it has acquired key fiber access products, technologies and service relationships from subsidiaries of CommScope, Inc. (Nasdaq: COMM). This acquisition will enhance ADTRAN’s solutions for the cable MSO industry and will provide cable operators with the scalable solutions, services and support they require to compete in the multi-gigabit service delivery market.
The key components of the acquisition include:
- Active EPON and 10G-EPON product platforms, which include infrastructure and customer premises equipment that deliver CableLabs® DOCSIS Provisioning of EPON (DPoE) certification – ADTRAN will now sell, support, and develop these product lines for new and existing MSO customers; and
- Radio Frequency over Glass (RFoG) product line, including patented optical beat interference (OBI) mitigated versions – ADTRAN will leverage this HFC and FTTP bridging technology to help customers deliver high-bandwidth services and applications in specific situations, including rural and low-density greenfield deployments.
“The transition of these active product lines to ADTRAN sharpens both companies’ focus to benefit our customers and the cable industry as a whole,” said Jim Hughes, CommScope’s vice president of North American MSO sales. “As a global leader in fiber optics for wired and wireless networks, CommScope will continue providing passive PON solutions to the MSO and service provider market, including its optical closures, optical terminals and drops, and other passive accessories, along with its robust portfolio of innovative fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) offerings. CommScope has a strong commitment to helping MSO and service providers evolve their networks. We believe ADTRAN’s acquisition of these active fiber product lines will provide existing customers and prospects with the R&D, professional services and customer support structure they need as they move their broadband networks forward.”
“Our goal is to help our customers build and offer competitive broadband solutions, and this acquisition demonstrates our commitment to the MSO customer base,” said Robert Conger, Associate Vice President, Cloud and Portfolio Strategy. “Our unique access domain expertise, combined with our relentless focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, creates a tremendous amount of value that our customers are leveraging to build the next generation access networks, applications and services. We look forward to building on CommScope’s successes with these product lines as we integrate these products into our MosaicTM family of software-defined networking (SDN) solutions to help MSOs migrate to a more open, programmable access environment.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sotheby's (BID) Announces Acquisition of The Mei Moses Art Indices
- Pinnacle Foods (PF) Names New Corp. Development SVP
- GasLog Partners (GLOP) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Enters Agreement to Acquire GasLog Seattle
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!