AC Immune SA (ACIU) Names Joerg Hornstein as CFO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AC Immune SA (NASDAQ: ACIU), a Swiss-based, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on neurodegenerative diseases, today announced that it has appointed Mr. Joerg Hornstein as Chief Financial Officer effective Q1 2017. He replaces Mr. George Pavey, who is leaving the Company after its recent successful IPO.
Martin Velasco, Chairman of the Board of Directors of AC Immune, commented, "We thank Mr. Pavey for his expertise in helping AC Immune achieve its IPO. As the Company proceeds forward as a publicly-listed entity, with sustainable growth plans, we are delighted to welcome Mr. Hornstein as our new CFO. We will benefit from his extensive experience in the life science industry, including senior financial, controlling and accounting functions in Europe, Asia and the US."
About Joerg Hornstein Before joining AC Immune, Mr. Hornstein served as Senior Vice President Group Controlling for Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller based in Luxembourg. Between 2002 and 2013 he worked for Merck KGaA, a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials, where he held various senior finance roles. Amongst others, he was CFO for Merck's operations in Indonesia and Merck Serono's operations in China. Furthermore, he served as Vice President Group Controlling for Merck Group Headquarters in Germany and as Divisional CFO for Merck Millipore in the US. Mr. Hornstein holds an MBA with Distinction from London Business School, UK, and a Bachelor of Business Administration from Baylor University, US.
AC Immune has established a detailed plan to facilitate the transition from Mr. Pavey to Mr. Hornstein joining the Company in Q1 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
- KVH Industries (KVHI) Names New CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!