8point3 Energy Partners (CAFD) to Acquire First Solar's (FSLR) Stateline Solar Project Stake in $329.5M Deal
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
8point3 Energy Partners (Nasdaq: CAFD) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire First Solar's (Nasdaq: FSLR) 34 percent stake in its 300-megawatt (MW) Stateline solar project for $329.5 million.
"Consistent with our long-term strategy of acquiring high quality solar projects from our sponsors, we are pleased to add First Solar's 34 percent minority interest in Stateline to our diversified portfolio," said Chuck Boynton, CEO of 8point3 Energy Partners. "With the expected acquisition of Stateline, our portfolio will grow to interests in 937MW of solar projects."
The project is expected to generate approximately $32 million in average annual pre-tax cash distributions and has a 20 year contract life.
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close on or about December 1, 2016. The partnership expects to fund the acquisition through some combination of cash on hand, a promissory note and borrowings under its existing credit facility.
Located in San Bernardino County, the Stateline project commenced operations in August 2016. The project is majority owned by Southern Company. Southern California Edison is purchasing the power generated by the project under a 20 year power purchase agreement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
- Sanchez Energy (SN), Blackstone Energy Acquire 155,000 Eagle Ford Acres from Anadarko (APC) for $2.3B
- Pan American Silver (PAAS) to Acquire Joaquin Project from Coeur Mining (CDE) in $25M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!