8point3 Energy Partners (CAFD) Will Take Minority Stake in Henrietta Solar Project
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
8point3 Energy Partners (NASDAQ: CAFD) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire SunPower Corp.'s (NASDAQ: SPWR) 49 percent stake in its 102-megawatt (MW) Henrietta solar project for $134 million.
"Our acquisition of SunPower's 49 percent minority interest in Henrietta further re-enforces our long-term strategy of adding high quality solar projects from our sponsors, with investment grade off-takers, to our portfolio," said Chuck Boynton, CEO of 8point3 Energy Partners. "With the expected acquisition of Henrietta, our portfolio will grow to interests in 637-MW of solar projects."
The acquisition is expected to generate approximately $10.9 million in annual cash distributions and has a 20 year contract life.
The transaction is subject to a financing condition and other customary closing conditions and is expected to close on or about September 30, 2016. The partnership expects to fund the acquisition through some combination of cash on hand, borrowings under its existing credit facility and the issuance of additional equity.
Located in California's San Luis Valley, the Henrietta project will commence operations in October 2016. The project is majority owned by Southern Company. Pacific Gas and Electric is purchasing the power generated by the project under a 20 year power purchase agreement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- Lazard Ltd. (LAZ) to Acquire Remaining MBA Lazard Stake
- Mercedes-Benz to launch pickup truck in 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!