8point3 Energy Partners (CAFD) Will Take Minority Stake in Henrietta Solar Project
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
8point3 Energy Partners (NASDAQ: CAFD) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire SunPower Corp.'s (NASDAQ: SPWR) 49 percent stake in its 102-megawatt (MW) Henrietta solar project for $134 million.
"Our acquisition of SunPower's 49 percent minority interest in Henrietta further re-enforces our long-term strategy of adding high quality solar projects from our sponsors, with investment grade off-takers, to our portfolio," said Chuck Boynton, CEO of 8point3 Energy Partners. "With the expected acquisition of Henrietta, our portfolio will grow to interests in 637-MW of solar projects."
The acquisition is expected to generate approximately $10.9 million in annual cash distributions and has a 20 year contract life.
The transaction is subject to a financing condition and other customary closing conditions and is expected to close on or about September 30, 2016. The partnership expects to fund the acquisition through some combination of cash on hand, borrowings under its existing credit facility and the issuance of additional equity.
Located in California's San Luis Valley, the Henrietta project will commence operations in October 2016. The project is majority owned by Southern Company. Pacific Gas and Electric is purchasing the power generated by the project under a 20 year power purchase agreement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Estée Lauder (EL) Enters Agreement to Acquire BECCA Cosmetics
- Oasmia Pharma (OASM) Says It's in Discussions on Acquisition of Novel Cancer Project
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!