3M Co. (MMM) Wins Patent Infringement Action Against China-Based Qingdao Summit Industrial
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The District Court of Frankfurt, Germany, has ordered a preliminary injunction against China-based Qingdao Summit Industrial Co., Ltd. ("Summit") for infringement of the German portion of 3M's European patent EP 0,954,381 B2. This patent relates to 3M’s PPS™ technology that enables the efficient mixing and spraying of coatings for automotive collision repair.
The court order prohibits the offer and sale of Summit's infringing paint spray gun cup sets in Germany with immediate effect and directs Summit to reimburse 3M for its litigation costs. Summit may appeal the court decision to the Upper District Court of Frankfurt.
3M, through its Automotive Aftermarket Division, provides a comprehensive range of products and solutions to the collision repair industry, including its award-winning PPS™ technology that enables painters to mix less paint, reduce the amount of solvent used, and speed cleanup.
3M is committed to protecting its intellectual property and investments in paint spraying technologies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
- Turquoise Hill (TRQ) Announces Suspension of Concrete Shipments to Chinese Border by Oyu Tolgoi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!