3M Co. (MMM) Wins Patent Infringement Action Against China-Based Qingdao Summit Industrial
- Stock futures rise as flurry of deal activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices fall as Iraq resists joining output cut
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
The District Court of Frankfurt, Germany, has ordered a preliminary injunction against China-based Qingdao Summit Industrial Co., Ltd. ("Summit") for infringement of the German portion of 3M's European patent EP 0,954,381 B2. This patent relates to 3M’s PPS™ technology that enables the efficient mixing and spraying of coatings for automotive collision repair.
The court order prohibits the offer and sale of Summit's infringing paint spray gun cup sets in Germany with immediate effect and directs Summit to reimburse 3M for its litigation costs. Summit may appeal the court decision to the Upper District Court of Frankfurt.
3M, through its Automotive Aftermarket Division, provides a comprehensive range of products and solutions to the collision repair industry, including its award-winning PPS™ technology that enables painters to mix less paint, reduce the amount of solvent used, and speed cleanup.
3M is committed to protecting its intellectual property and investments in paint spraying technologies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Enters RSA with Certain Lenders, Noteholders
- ICON plc (ICLR) Appoints New Board Member
- Advaxis (ADXS) Announces Topline Data from Phase 2 GOG-0265 Stage 2; OS Data Consistent with Prior Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!