21st Century Fox (FOX) Appoints New CTO
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
21st Century Fox today announced the appointment of Paul Cheesbrough to the role of Chief Technology Officer. In this new role, he will lead company-wide information technology strategy and play a leadership role in driving its investments in technology, platforms and systems on a global basis. He joins 21CF from News Corp, where he also has served as Chief Technology Officer.
Mr. Cheesbrough will report to Executive Chairman Lachlan Murdoch and CEO James Murdoch, who commented:
“Paul is an outstanding executive and strategist whose great operational chops and track record in technology we know very well. Our business demands continuous innovation across everything we do. We can’t think of anyone more qualified than Paul to ensure it extends equally to how we harness technology to empower our people and businesses.”
Reporting to Mr. Cheesbrough in his new role will be the enterprise technology leaders from Fox Networks Group, Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox News Channel.
Since 2012, Mr. Cheesbrough has served as Chief Technology Officer for News Corp. In this role he led the company’s technology teams and drove digital transformation across its businesses, focusing on new platforms, digital investments and acquisitions.
Prior to that he held executive technology leadership positions at News Corp’s UK business News UK, Telegraph Media Group, the BBC and IBM. He also currently serves as the Chairman of Unruly Media.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OncoMed Pharma (OMED) Chief Medical Officer Dupont Resgins
- BioLineRx (BLRX) Presents Positive Phase 2a Correlative and Mechanism-of-Action Data for BL-8040 at ASH
- Marsh & McLennan (MMC) Unit Announces Acquisition of Benefits Resource Group
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!