1347 Property (PIH) Updates on Expected Costs Associated with Recent Louisiana Storm Activity
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
1347 Property Insurance Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: PIH) is providing an update regarding the storm activity that has been widely-reported in the state of Louisiana from August 11, 2016 to August 15, 2016. Maison has many policyholders who have been impacted by this event.
While the ultimate cost and impact on the Company’s financial results cannot be determined with certainty at this time, the Company expects to incur losses with respect to insurance claims related to damage resulting from these storms. This event primarily impacted the Company's manufactured/mobile home policies which can be endorsed to cover the peril of flood. As a reminder, our Homeowner’s multi-peril product does not cover the peril of flood; however, we have experienced some homeowner policy claims related to wind damage.
The Company’s catastrophe reinsurance program is structured so that its retention is set at $5,000,000 for a single event, thus, based on our early analysis, the pre-tax losses incurred by the Company, net of reinsurance, are not expected to exceed $5,000,000. The Company has estimated this initial potential loss based on current predictive models and claims experience. The Company also believes that it may have recoveries available to it under its per-risk reinsurance program.
Doug Raucy, Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We are actively fielding and evaluating claims while working with our agents and reinsurance partners to quickly aid our policyholders following this period of storm activity. Our priority, as always in challenging situations like this, is to deliver the high level of customer service that our clients expect. We continue to maintain a strong capital position and intend to provide regular updates to our investors throughout the process.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- BMO Capital Remains Bullish on Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Following 3Q Report
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!