Depomed (DEPO) Announces Favorable Ruling on NUCYNTA Providing Market Exclusivity Until December 2025
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Depomed, Inc. (Nasdaq: DEPO) today announced that Judge Claire C. Cecchi of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey has ruled in favor of Depomed in the company's patent litigation against all three filers of Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) for Depomed's NUCYNTA franchise. With the court’s ruling, Depomed expects market exclusivity until December 2025 for NUCYNTA® ER, NUCYNTA® and NUCYNTA® oral solution (an unmarketed form of NUCYNTA). 1
“We are pleased with the Court’s decision as it confirms the validity and strength of the NUCYNTA patents,” said Jim Schoeneck, President and CEO of Depomed. “We look forward to growing the NUCYNTA franchise, comprised of two important and highly-differentiated medicines, for at least the next 9 years.”
The court found U.S. patent Nos. 7,994,364 and RE39,593 to be valid and infringed by the defendants. The patents cover the entire NUCYNTA franchise and will expire on December 27, 2025 and February 5, 2023, respectively.1 Judge Cecchi upheld the validity of U.S. Patent No. 8,536,130 (the “130 Patent”), but found that two of the three filers do not infringe the patent. The ‘130 Patent covers NUCYNTA ER until March 2029. 1 The company intends to appeal the court’s finding as it relates to infringement of the ‘130 Patent.
The defendants in the litigation included Actavis Inc., Alkem Laboratories Limited and Roxane Laboratories, Inc., along with certain of their affiliated companies. All three defendants filed ANDAs for NUCYNTA ER and NUCYNTA. An affiliate of Actavis filed an ANDA for NUCYNTA oral solution.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
- Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Names Robert D. Graham as President and CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation, Management Comments, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!