TG Therapeutics (TGTX) Files Amended Protocol for GENUINE Phase 3 Trial; Revises Primary Endpoint
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
TG Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq : TGTX) announced that it has filed with the FDA an amended protocol for the GENUINE Phase 3 trial. Prior to the amendments, the GENUINE study consisted of two parts:
- Part I to evaluate the effect of the addition of TG-1101 to ibrutinib on overall response rate (ORR) in approximately the first 200 patients enrolled, to support a filing for accelerated approval of TG-1101; and
- Part II to evaluate the effect of the addition of TG-1101 to ibrutinib on progression-free survival (PFS) in all study patients (approximately 330), to support a filing for full approval of TG-1101.
The amended protocol contains the following substantive changes:
- Part II of the study has been eliminated, and accordingly, the study’s sole primary endpoint will be ORR as originally contemplated in Part I; and
- Target enrollment has been reduced to approximately 120 randomized patients.
At the new study size, the study is 90% powered to show a statistically significant improvement in ORR, with the minimal detectable difference of approximately 20% (absolute difference between the arms). Additionally, patients will be followed until progression, but the study will no longer be powered for PFS.
The Company expects that it will complete enrollment in the revised trial by year end 2016, and will have topline data available in the first half of 2017. If the results of the study are positive, the Company plans to request a pre-BLA meeting to discuss the data and a filing strategy with the FDA. The Company has communicated with the FDA regarding its intention to file a BLA for accelerated approval if the results are positive and the FDA has agreed that a pre-BLA meeting can be requested based on ORR data from the GENUINE study. Assuming a positive outcome of a pre-BLA meeting, targeted to occur in the fourth quarter of 2017, the Company believes it could file a BLA in the first half of 2018.
Michael S. Weiss, the Company's Executive Chairman and Interim Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Today’s announcement marks an important milestone for the Company. Given the GENUINE enrollment challenges we’ve faced to date, we are very excited to accelerate the trial to a rapid conclusion, while also maintaining the ability to potentially file the data for accelerated approval. The GENUINE study, as amended, remains a robust, randomized clinical trial, which we believe, if positive, could support accelerated approval for patients with relapsed/refractory high-risk CLL. Moreover, we believe the amended study and revised regulatory strategy is consistent with the recent accelerated approvals for novel agents in CLL, which notably were not pursuant to an SPA but occurred after the finding of positive ORR results. Importantly, with completion of enrollment now expected by year end, we and our clinical trial sites can focus our resources on completing our UNITY-CLL Phase 3 trial as quickly as possible. Early enrollment in UNITY-CLL is very encouraging and we anticipate that study will be fully enrolled before filing a BLA for the GENUINE study. UNITY-CLL remains unchanged and unaffected by the amendments to the GENUINE study, and if positive, could support full approval for both TG-1101 and TGR-1202 based on its primary endpoint of PFS.” Mr. Weiss continued, “We have greatly appreciated all of the guidance and counsel from the FDA in designing our clinical programs and we look forward to continuing our collaborative working relationship as we accelerate toward the conclusion of enrollment into the GENUINE study this year and ORR data in the first half of 2017." Conference Call Information
The Company will host a conference call today, Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 8:30am ET to discuss the amendments to the GENUINE Phase 3 Trial.
In order to participate in the conference call, please call 1-877-407-8029 (U.S.), 1-201-689-8029 (outside the U.S.), Conference Title: TG Therapeutics GENUINE Update Call. A live webcast of this presentation will be available on the Events page, located within the Investors & Media section, of the Company's website at www.tgtherapeutics.com. An audio recording of the conference call will also be available for replay at www.tgtherapeutics.com, for a period of 30 days after the call.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- TETRA Technologies (TTI) Offers Q4 Update; Says Considering Capital Raise Options
- Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Signs $911M CDC Follow-On Contract for Anthrax Vaccine
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Corporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!