Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- Reynolds American's (RAI) Acquisition of Lorillard (LO) Cleared by U.S. FTC
- Michael Kors (KORS) Misses Q4 EPS by 1c, Issues Light FY16 Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 05/27: (EOX) (OPXA) (TIF) Higher; (KORS) (WDAY) (CHS) Lower (more...)
- Toll Brothers (TOL) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- UPDATE: McDonald's (MCD) Will Discontinue Reporting Monthly Same-Store Sales Data
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Retrophin (RTRX) Will Sell Pediatric PRV to Sanofi (SNY) in $245M Deal
- Hormel Foods (HRL) to Acquire Applegate Farms in $775M Deal
- AbbVie (ABBV) Announces Completion of Pharmacyclics Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!