Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- Market Wrap: Hayman Likes GM; Pandora Skirts Competition; Private Sector Jobs Bonanza
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/4: (PBYI) (MFRM) (GGP) Higher; (LGP) (SNPS) (ARO) Lower (more...)
- General Growth Properties (GGP) Set to Join the S&P 500
- Fed Saw 'Modest to Moderate' Growth with Stronger Manufacturing
- Oops, He Did it Again!... Greenspan Calls Bitcoin a 'Bubble'
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Essex Property (ESS) Said to Make $5B Bid for BRE Properties (BRE)
- Starbucks Prices $750 Million of Senior Notes
- Fifth & Pacific (FNP) Could See 10% Premium in Kate Spade Sale
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!