Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- Cerberus to Acquire Safeway (SWY) for $40/Share
- Market Wrap: Americans Gain Wealth in 2013; Giant Grocery Deal; Bitcoin's Roots Exposed
- After Hours Stock Movers 3/6: (SKUL) (CMTL) (GOGO) Higher; (NVTL) (ALSK) (VMEM) Lower (more...)
- UPDATE: U.S. Household Net Worth in U.S. Rose by $2.95T in Q4 - Fed
- Gap Inc. (GPS) Feb Comps Down 7% vs Est Up 1.1%
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Imminent T-Mobile (TMUS) Sale Unlikely - Deutsche Telekom CEO (S)
- Facebook's (FB) Long-Term Game Plan May Involve Drone-Provided Internet
- UPDATE: Cerberus Reaches Preliminary Safeway (SWY) Deal for $40/sh - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!