Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- Wall St. falls as data adds to growth worries; biotechs down
- UPDATE: Tesla (TSLA) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c; Plans Q2 Production of ~20,000 Vehicles
- Fitbit (FIT) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c; Issues Mixed Outlook
- TripAdvisor (TRIP) Misses Q1 EPS by 14c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/04: (EPE) (ZNGA) (WTW) Higher; (FRSH) (RRTS) (FIT) Lower (more...)
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Starbucks Recommends Shareholders Reject “Mini-Tender” Offer by TRC Capital Corporation
- Synergy Resources (SYRG) Misses Q1 EPS Views; Will Acquire Certain Assets from Noble Energy
- Biotech stock swoon sparks buyout interest: investor
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!