Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- Market Wrap: Market Rally Fades as DJIA Ends Q1 Negative; Charter's Smart M&A Move; Etsy Sets IPO Price Range
- Fed's Lacker Sees 'Strong' Case for June 'Liftoff'
- After-Hours Stock Movers 03/31: (DYAX) (CHK) (RUBI) Higher; (UTIW) (RKT) (SNX) Lower (more...)
- Etsy (ETSY) Sees IPO Price of $14 - $16/Share
- Dyax Corp (DYAX) Announces Positive Results from Phase 1b Trial of DX-2930 and Fast Track Designation
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) Launches Evolution Fresh Smoothies
- OptumRx to Acquire Catamaran (CTRX) for $61.50/Share (UNH)
- Arrow Electronics (ARW) Completes immixGroup Purchase
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!