Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Publicis Could Buy Criteo (CRTO) - Les Echos
- 3D Systems (DDD) Now Officially Owns Simbionix
- UPDATE: Repsol Drops Plans to Buy all of Talisman Energy (TLM) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!