Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Avon Products (AVP) Jumps on Ongoing Takeover Talk
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 02/23: (APP) (INFN) (VVUS) (SBUX) Higher; (LF) (FXCM) (DWA) Lower (more...)
- Fly Leasing (FLY) Enters Sale, Leaseback for Two Airbus A321s
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!