Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Fall 4.3%
- Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) Announces ITI-007 Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in Schizophrenia
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces FDA Approval for ORKAMBI in Children 6-11; Lowers 2016 ORKAMBI Revenue Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/28: (AEGR) (PIR) (GSAT) Higher; (ITCI) (ATNM) (PRGS) Lower (more...)
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Cutting Comps To 4% From 5%, Reducing PT - Wedbush
- Acadia Pharma (ACAD) on Watch Amid rumors of Allergan (AGN) Interest
- UPDATE: Most SABMiller Proxy Votes Said to Back AB InBev (BUD) Takeover Bid - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!