Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in the U.S. (TKMR)
- ADP Employment Change 213K vs 205K Expected
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Sees New Era in Biotech Investing; Reinstates Coverage on 7 Large-Cap Names
- 5 Wall Street Firms Slash eBay (EBAY) Rating Amid PayPal Spin-Off
- Consumer Solar Company Vivint Solar (VSLR) Prices IPO at Low End of Range
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC) Exploring LBO - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Apache Corporation (APA) May Sell Oil, Gas Assets in Texas and Oklahoma - Reuters
- WuXi PharmaTech (WX) Acquires XenoBiotic Labs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!