Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- Market Wrap: Exting Sales Lag in Nov.; Achillion Ramps on ACH-3102, -3422 Results; Gilead Hit on Hep C Snub
- Gilead (GILD) Tanks; Analyst Comments on Express Scripts (ESRX) Viekira Pak Announcement (ABBV)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/22: (PRLS) (VNDA) (CHK) Higher; (SCS) (LHO) Lower (more...)
- Steelcase Inc. (SCS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Offers Guidance
- Twitter (TWTR) Active on Renewed Dick Costolo Chatter
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Actavis (ACT) Looks to European Expansion; May Place Bid for Spanish Drugmaker Almirall
- The Lion Fund II, L.P Shows 18.8% Stake in Insignia Systems, Inc. (ISIG), Urges Special Div, Sale
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY) in Talks to Buy Riverstone Shale Explorer - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!