Starbucks' (SBUX) Execs Discuss La Boulange Buy: Will Sell Items in Grocery Stores, Begin with Pastries, Bread in Cafes
- Banks drag Wall Street lower as growth fears, rate outlook weigh
- AIG (AIG) Misses Q4 EPS by 19c; Raises Buyback to $5B, Announces Dividend Increase
- CBS Corp. (CBS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- JPMorgan's Dimon buys more than $25 million of company stock
- After-Hours Stock Movers 02/11: (GRPN) (COLM) (ELLI) Higher; (NUS) (SCSS) (ATVI) Lower (more...)
Starbucks' (Nasdaq: SBUX) execs are currently speaking on a webcast to discuss the company's acquisition of the La Boulange bakery brand. Below are some highlights:
- about one-third of purchases within the US include some kind of food item;
- Starbucks is expecting to making investments into the La Boulange bakery production and distribution operations;
- the deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter;
- expecting "moderate" dilution to FY13 profit related to the purchase;
- will sell La Boulange items in grocery stores; and
- the initiative will begin with Starbucks' selling pastries and bread at its cafes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger (KR) Said Bidding for The Fresh Market (TFM)
- Amedisys (AMED) to Acquire Associated Home Care in $28M Deal
- Hercules Offshore (HERO) Will Explore Strategic Options
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!