Peabody (BTU) CEO Boyce Sees 120M Tons of U.S. Coal Exports in FY12, China Slowdown is 'Manageable'
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
Peabody Energy Corp. (NYSE: BTU) shares are moving higher Tuesday following comments from CEO Greg Boyce on today's conference call.
- The slowing in China appears to be "manageable";
- Significant recovery in U.S. coal "not yet at hand";
- U.S. coal exports should be about 120 million tons in 2012;
- U.S. coal use should rebound in 2013; and
- He's cautious amid China and European economic slowdowns
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Declares $16.50 Special Dividend; Yields 20.4%; Updates Q2 EPS Outlook
- Natural Grocers (NGVC) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS, Offers FY15 Guidance
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings (WAIR) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY15 Guidance Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Guidance, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!