Oxford Immunotec (OXFD) Acquires Immunetics in $12M Deal
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Nasdaq: OXFD) announced it has closed a transaction to acquire Immunetics, Inc., a Massachusetts-based diagnostics company focused on developing specialized tests for infectious diseases, such as Lyme disease.
Total consideration is comprised of $6 million in cash and up to an additional $6 million in cash payable on the achievement of certain revenue thresholds and pipeline related milestones over the next three years.
- Consistent with strategic vision: Immunetics’ business fits well with our strategy to focus on proprietary tests for under-served immune-regulated conditions. Immunetics has a long pedigree of designing novel proprietary assays for under-served infectious diseases.
- Augment offering in the tick-borne disease market: Immunetics’ C6 ELISA Lyme test complements our recently acquired Imugen product offering, augmenting our product portfolio in the tick-borne disease market.
- Leverages commercial resources: Immunetics’ business has a high degree of call point overlap with both our TB business and that of Imugen. We intend to leverage our existing sales and marketing infrastructure to increase Immunetics’ revenue growth over time.
“We are very excited about the acquisition of Immunetics. It is another step towards achieving our vision of becoming a leader in diagnostics for immune-regulated conditions,” said Dr. Peter Wrighton-Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Oxford Immunotec. “Through this acquisition, we are growing and diversifying our revenue streams, adding additional proprietary content to build a differentiated offering in the tick-borne disease market and improving our profitability profile.”
“Immunetics brings a long history of innovative product development in infectious disease testing, especially in the critical area of emerging pathogens,” said Andrew Levin, Founder and Chief Scientific Officer of Immunetics. “Oxford’s capabilities complement our own, enabling us to realize the value in our R&D pipeline through a strong commercial partner.”
We expect the acquisition of Immunetics to contribute approximately $0.5 million in revenues in the fourth quarter of 2016.
We continue to expect to report full year 2016 revenue of between $82.5 and $84.5 million.
We expect to have over $50 million of cash at the end of 2016, excluding any draw-downs on our debt revolver.
Conference Call and Webcast
The Company will host a conference call on October 13, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time to provide more information on this announcement. The call will be concurrently webcast. To listen to the conference call on your telephone, please dial (855) 363-5047 for United States callers and +1 (484) 365-2897 for international callers and reference confirmation code 95418159 approximately ten minutes prior to start time. To access the live webcast with presentation slides or an archived recording, visit the Investor Relations section of Oxford Immunotec's website at www.oxfordimmunotec.com. The replay will be available on the Company's website for approximately 60 days. The presentation slides will also be available for download in the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website on October 13, 2016 at 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carnegie Still Interested in magicJack VocalTec (CALL) Bid
- Gladstone Land (LAND) Acquire Southern Florida Organic Farmland for $54M
- Naked Brand Group, Inc. (NAKD) Enters $2M Common Stock Securities Purchase Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Corporate News, Guidance, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!