General Electric (GE) Set to Merge Oil and Gas Business with Baker Hughes (BHI)
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
GE (NYSE: GE) and Baker Hughes (NYSE: BHI) announced a joint press conference scheduled for tomorrow at 8:30 am ET where the two companies are expected to announce a combination of GE's oil and gas business with Baker Hughes. The deal will be valued at approximately $30 billion.
The newly formed merged company is expected to trade publicly and will be majority owned by GE, the Wall Street Journal reported. GE is expected to contribute some cash in addition to its oil and gas business.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
- Alaska Air Group (ALK) Cleared by DOJ to Acquire Virgin America (VA)
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Corporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!