Coherus BioSciences (CHRS) Receives Adverse PTAB Decision Over HUMIRA IPR
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Coherus BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHRS) announced that it has received a decision from the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) of the United States Patent and Trademark Office denying institution of Coherus’ petition for Inter Partes Review (IPR) of AbbVie’s U.S. Patent 9,114,166 (the “’166 Patent”) related to AbbVie’s HUMIRA (adalimumab) formulation.
“While we are disappointed by this outcome it is important to note that our longstanding strategy has been to develop and preserve multiple options pursuant to adalimumab formulation intellectual property. There are additional scientific and legal approaches available to address the various formulation intellectual property challenges, and all of the arguments raised in our IPR petition remain available in a District Court proceeding,” said Denny Lanfear, President and Chief Executive Officer of Coherus. “Coherus remains committed to launching our HUMIRA biosimilar once approved.”
Coherus’ management team will host a conference call on Monday, November 7, 2016 at 2:30 pm ET.
Conference Call Information
Dial-in: (844) 452-6826 (domestic) or (765) 507-2587 (international) Conference ID: 13640467Please join the conference call at least 10 minutes early to register.
A replay of this conference call will be posted to the company’s website http://investors.coherus.com and will be available until November 30, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Allergan (AGN) Enters DELZICOL Patent Settlement Agreement
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesConference Calls, Corporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!