Wal-mart (WMT) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) reported Q2 EPS of $1.07, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $1.02. Revenue for the quarter came in at $120.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $120.16 billion.
Walmart U.S. delivered positive comp sales for the eighth consecutive quarter, up 1.6%, driven by the seventh consecutive quarter of positive traffic, up 1.2%. Neighborhood Market comp sales increased approximately 6.5%.
Wal-mart sees Q3 2017 EPS of $0.90-$1.00, versus the consensus of $0.93.
Wal-mart sees FY2017 EPS of $4.15-$4.35, versus prior guidance of $4.00-$4.30 and the consensus of $4.27.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Wal-mart (WMT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Medley Management (MDLY) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c
- Fred's (FRED) Misses Q3 EPS by 9c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!