Wal-mart (WMT) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) reported Q2 EPS of $1.07, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $1.02. Revenue for the quarter came in at $120.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $120.16 billion.
Walmart U.S. delivered positive comp sales for the eighth consecutive quarter, up 1.6%, driven by the seventh consecutive quarter of positive traffic, up 1.2%. Neighborhood Market comp sales increased approximately 6.5%.
Wal-mart sees Q3 2017 EPS of $0.90-$1.00, versus the consensus of $0.93.
Wal-mart sees FY2017 EPS of $4.15-$4.35, versus prior guidance of $4.00-$4.30 and the consensus of $4.27.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Wal-mart (WMT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Honeywell (HON) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Issues Q4 EPS outlook
- Bank of the James (BOTJ) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.24
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!