Wal-mart (WMT) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) reported Q2 EPS of $1.07, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $1.02. Revenue for the quarter came in at $120.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $120.16 billion.
Walmart U.S. delivered positive comp sales for the eighth consecutive quarter, up 1.6%, driven by the seventh consecutive quarter of positive traffic, up 1.2%. Neighborhood Market comp sales increased approximately 6.5%.
Wal-mart sees Q3 2017 EPS of $0.90-$1.00, versus the consensus of $0.93.
Wal-mart sees FY2017 EPS of $4.15-$4.35, versus prior guidance of $4.00-$4.30 and the consensus of $4.27.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Wal-mart (WMT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI) Reports In-Line 3Q
- Essex Property Trust (ESS) Tops Q3 FFO by 5c
- Adesto Technologies Corporation (IOTS) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!