Wal-mart (WMT) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) reported Q2 EPS of $1.07, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $1.02. Revenue for the quarter came in at $120.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $120.16 billion.
Walmart U.S. delivered positive comp sales for the eighth consecutive quarter, up 1.6%, driven by the seventh consecutive quarter of positive traffic, up 1.2%. Neighborhood Market comp sales increased approximately 6.5%.
Wal-mart sees Q3 2017 EPS of $0.90-$1.00, versus the consensus of $0.93.
Wal-mart sees FY2017 EPS of $4.15-$4.35, versus prior guidance of $4.00-$4.30 and the consensus of $4.27.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Wal-mart (WMT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!