Tropical Storm Gaston to become a Hurricane later Tuesday: NHC
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Tropical Storm Gaston is expected to strengthen and become a hurricane later Tuesday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said in its latest advisory, adding that it was rapidly moving west-northwestward.
The system, with maximum sustained winds of 65 miles per hour (100 km per hour), is located about 685 miles (1105 km) west of the southernmost Cape Verde Islands, the Miami-based weather forecaster said.
(Reporting by Apeksha Nair in Bengaluru)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: API Crude Inventory -3.8M Barrels
- N.Y. Fed lowers U.S. third and fourth quarter GDP outlook
- Oil down 2 percent, strong dollar knocks U.S. crude off 15-month highs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, General News, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!