Silver's (SLV) Nine Lives
- Facebook (FB) Set to Join the S&P 100 & 500; Alliance Data Systems (ADS) and Mohawk (MHK) to Join the S&P 500; Changes to the S&P MidCap 400 and the S&P SmallCap 600
- Market Wrap: Facebook is Movin' Up; Strong Start for IPO Autohome; Costco Slumps on Sales
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/11: (UNS) (PRTA) (FB) Higher; (IMUC) (ATHN) (SUNE) Lower (more...)
- William Blair's 2014 Top Midcap Picks
- Fortis to Acquire UNS Energy (UNS) for $60.25/Share
iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV) moved higher again Tuesday, gaining 1.75 percent intraday. At $32.30 per ounce, the price of spot silver reached its highest level since April. The move is being driven by increased demand from investors hoping Fed easing will continue to give precious metals a boost. In the past 30 days, iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV) has gained over 16 percent. A few traders have commented on silver's ballistic rise after breaking key technical resistance levels at $28.50 and $30. They also noted that silver may continue to trade on technicals, testing highs near term and consolidating below $33 if resistance holds.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Crude Inventory Declines 10.6M Barrels vs Decline of 2.7M Expected
- Gold's Quick Move Higher Raising Eyebrows
- Gold is Dead Money as Sentiment Wanes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, ETFs, Technicals
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!