Russia says will be able to freeze oil output in case of deal with OPEC
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak speaks during a signing ceremony with Iranian Communications Minister Mahmoud Vaezi (not seen) after their meeting in Moscow, Russia, July 29, 2016. REUTERS/Maxim Zmeyev
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
SOCHI, Russia (Reuters) - Russia will find mechanisms and instruments needed to freeze oil production should the country reach an agreement with the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries on limiting output, the Russian Energy Minister said on Friday.
Alexander Novak also told journalists on the sidelines of a business forum in the Black Sea resort of Sochi that Iran's energy ministry's delegation will visit Russia in October-November to present potential oil deals to Russian companies.
Novak also reiterated that he is against increasing tax burden on the oil sector.
(Reporting by Denis Pinchuk; Writing by Lidia Kelly; Editing by Dmitry Solovyov)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weekly Crude Inventory Increases by 2.3M Barrels, Says EIA
- CPI (Dec. MoM) 0.3% vs 0.3% Expected; Ex-food and Energy 0.2% vs 0.2%
- Pakistan orders shutdown of rights groups over 'anti-state' activities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!