More Range-bound Trading in Precious Metals (GLD) (SLV)
- Top 10 News for 4/20 - 4/24: Comcast Cancels Time Warner Deal; Teva/Mylan/Perrigo Saga Continues; Big Names, Solid Earnings
- Comcast (CMCSA) Terminates Time Warner Cable (TWC) Merger Agreement (CHTR)
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Sales Beat
- Mylan (MYL) to Begin Cash, Stock Tender of Perrigo (PRGO)
- Biogen (BIIB) Misses Q1 EPS by 6c; Revs Light
SPDR Gold Shares ETF (NYSE: GLD) and iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV) are both trading lower intraday on Thursday. Precious metals markets turned south yesterday following the Fed policy announcement, and they continued lower today in the wake of the ECB announcement today. Spot gold has traded in a very tight range since early June, with $1630 per ounce keeping a lid on any advance and buying interest near $1550 per ounce. Silver has a similar trading range between $28.50 and $26 per ounce.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- March Durable Goods 4.0% vs 0.6% Expected, Ex-Trans -0.2% vs 0.3%
- UPDATE: Baker Hughes Total US Rig Count Down 34 to 954
- UPDATE: Crude Inventory 5.3M Barrels vs 2.7M Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!