More Range-bound Trading in Precious Metals (GLD) (SLV)
- Top 10 News for 4/25 - 4/29: Merger Madness!; Valeant Hies New Boss; Icahn's Exit of Apple Could be Telling Sign
- Wall Street falls as earnings weigh; Dow, S&P up for month
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 49c; Issues Q2 Outlook
- Exclusive: Yahoo's bidder shortlist points to cash deal -sources
- Yen posts biggest weekly gain since 2008, stocks slip
SPDR Gold Shares ETF (NYSE: GLD) and iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV) are both trading lower intraday on Thursday. Precious metals markets turned south yesterday following the Fed policy announcement, and they continued lower today in the wake of the ECB announcement today. Spot gold has traded in a very tight range since early June, with $1630 per ounce keeping a lid on any advance and buying interest near $1550 per ounce. Silver has a similar trading range between $28.50 and $26 per ounce.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Leaves Rates Unchanged; Removes Reference to Global Events Posing Risks to Outlook
- UPDATE: Baker Hughes Total U.S. Rig Count 420 vs 431 Prior
- Oil down; Morgan Stanley, Barclays warn of bearish forces
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!