Gold Bugs Hope to Dodge Benanke's Flyswatter
- Top 10 News for 2/8 - 2/12: Banks Crushed Amid Global Concerns; Tesla Ramps on Outlook; SEC Targets Boeing
- Republicans gear up for Supreme Court battle after Scalia's death
- Wall Street rallies; S&P 500 snaps five-day losing streak
- Loeb's Third Point LLC 13F Shows New Stake Axalta (AXTA), Morgan Stanley (MS), Liquidates T-Mobile (TMUS), Lowers eBay (EBAY) ...
- Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Said to Explore Sale Following Interest
SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE: GLD) is expected to open higher on Tuesday, as spot gold prices rally. The move higher isn't expected to have much more traction short-term, as gold traders await the FOMC rate decision on Wednesday. While rates are not expected to change, comments from the Fed are expected to indicate further quantitative easing, and this has gold bulls sharpening their horns. Easy monetary policy supports gold prices because it adds liquidity and helps stoke inflation. Gold bulls also hope an easy-money policy will undermine the bullish trend in the U.S. dollar. However, if Fed officials fail to deliver on QE in terms of size and scope, it could send gold-bugs scrambling, and gold would likely head back below $1600/oz.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gold and Gold Stocks Go Bonkers (GLD) (GDX)
- Gold surges to 1-year high on financial uncertainty
- UPDATE: Baker Hughes Total U.S. Rig Count -30 to 541, Oil Rigs -28
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, ETFs
Related EntitiesFederal Open Market Committee
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!