Gold Bugs Hope to Dodge Benanke's Flyswatter
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/31: (IMPV) (GCAP) (GRPN) Higher; (AEGR) (ADNC) (RM) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) to Acquire Aviv REIT (AVIV) in $3B Deal
SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE: GLD) is expected to open higher on Tuesday, as spot gold prices rally. The move higher isn't expected to have much more traction short-term, as gold traders await the FOMC rate decision on Wednesday. While rates are not expected to change, comments from the Fed are expected to indicate further quantitative easing, and this has gold bulls sharpening their horns. Easy monetary policy supports gold prices because it adds liquidity and helps stoke inflation. Gold bulls also hope an easy-money policy will undermine the bullish trend in the U.S. dollar. However, if Fed officials fail to deliver on QE in terms of size and scope, it could send gold-bugs scrambling, and gold would likely head back below $1600/oz.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Ends Third Round of QE as Planned; Sees 'Solid Job Gains' with Lower Unemployment
- Goldman Sachs Lowers Price Targets on Ethylene Producers (DOW) (WLK) (LYB)
- Natural Gas Inventory 87 bcf vs 84 bcf Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, ETFs
Related EntitiesFederal Open Market Committee
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!