Gold Bugs Hope to Dodge Benanke's Flyswatter
- Top 10 News for 10/20 - 10/24: Apple Ramps on Results; Loeb Eyes Amgen; Advanced Technologies Exits Sapphire Game
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS; To Spin-Off Duracell
- Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham now cured - NIH Says
- Ford Motor (F) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- SodaStream (SODA) Confirms 'Small-Scale' PepsiCo (PEP) Test
SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE: GLD) is expected to open higher on Tuesday, as spot gold prices rally. The move higher isn't expected to have much more traction short-term, as gold traders await the FOMC rate decision on Wednesday. While rates are not expected to change, comments from the Fed are expected to indicate further quantitative easing, and this has gold bulls sharpening their horns. Easy monetary policy supports gold prices because it adds liquidity and helps stoke inflation. Gold bulls also hope an easy-money policy will undermine the bullish trend in the U.S. dollar. However, if Fed officials fail to deliver on QE in terms of size and scope, it could send gold-bugs scrambling, and gold would likely head back below $1600/oz.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Natural Gas Inventory 94 bcf vs 98 bcf Expected
- Maria Bartiromo to Interview Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal Tuesday, October 21st
- Traders Place Bets Ahead of Brazil Elections (PBR) (VALE)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, ETFs
Related EntitiesFederal Open Market Committee
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!