Gold Bugs Hope to Dodge Benanke's Flyswatter
- Sysco (SYY) to Acquire US Foods in $3.5B Deal
- Covidien (COV) to Acquire Given Imaging (GIVN) for $30/Share
- China Mobile (CHL) May Start Taking Apple (AAPL) iPhone Preorders This Week
- 3D Printing Hype May Be 'Overdone' - Analyst (DDD) (SSYS) (XONE)
- McDonald's (MCD) Global Comps Rose 0.5% in Nov.; APMEA Down 2.3%
SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE: GLD) is expected to open higher on Tuesday, as spot gold prices rally. The move higher isn't expected to have much more traction short-term, as gold traders await the FOMC rate decision on Wednesday. While rates are not expected to change, comments from the Fed are expected to indicate further quantitative easing, and this has gold bulls sharpening their horns. Easy monetary policy supports gold prices because it adds liquidity and helps stoke inflation. Gold bulls also hope an easy-money policy will undermine the bullish trend in the U.S. dollar. However, if Fed officials fail to deliver on QE in terms of size and scope, it could send gold-bugs scrambling, and gold would likely head back below $1600/oz.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Analysts Remain Bearish on Gold for Third Week (GLD)
- Blue Loan Services Helps California Borrowers Minimize Damage From Recent Rate Increases
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, ETFs
Related EntitiesFederal Open Market Committee
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!