Gold Bugs Hope to Dodge Benanke's Flyswatter
- Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Fall 4.3%
- Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) Announces ITI-007 Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in Schizophrenia
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces FDA Approval for ORKAMBI in Children 6-11; Lowers 2016 ORKAMBI Revenue Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/28: (AEGR) (PIR) (GSAT) Higher; (ITCI) (ATNM) (PRGS) Lower (more...)
SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE: GLD) is expected to open higher on Tuesday, as spot gold prices rally. The move higher isn't expected to have much more traction short-term, as gold traders await the FOMC rate decision on Wednesday. While rates are not expected to change, comments from the Fed are expected to indicate further quantitative easing, and this has gold bulls sharpening their horns. Easy monetary policy supports gold prices because it adds liquidity and helps stoke inflation. Gold bulls also hope an easy-money policy will undermine the bullish trend in the U.S. dollar. However, if Fed officials fail to deliver on QE in terms of size and scope, it could send gold-bugs scrambling, and gold would likely head back below $1600/oz.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Durable Goods (Aug P) 0.0% vs -1.5% Expected; Ex-Trans -0.4% vs -0.5%
- Fed's Yellen defends regulatory role, raises stress test changes
- Saudi Oil Minister Doesn't See OPEC Deal on Wednesday - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, ETFs
Related EntitiesFederal Open Market Committee
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!