Gold Bugs Hope to Dodge Benanke's Flyswatter
- Wall Street rallies for third day as Brexit bruises fade
- NHTSA Probes Tesla (TSLA) After Fatal Model S Autopilot Crash
- Hershey (HSY) Rejects Mondelez (MDLZ) Takeover Offer
- Apple (AAPL) in Talks to Acquire Jay Z's Music Service Tidal - WSJ
- Micron Technology (MU) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Will Implement Restructuring Plan
SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE: GLD) is expected to open higher on Tuesday, as spot gold prices rally. The move higher isn't expected to have much more traction short-term, as gold traders await the FOMC rate decision on Wednesday. While rates are not expected to change, comments from the Fed are expected to indicate further quantitative easing, and this has gold bulls sharpening their horns. Easy monetary policy supports gold prices because it adds liquidity and helps stoke inflation. Gold bulls also hope an easy-money policy will undermine the bullish trend in the U.S. dollar. However, if Fed officials fail to deliver on QE in terms of size and scope, it could send gold-bugs scrambling, and gold would likely head back below $1600/oz.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gold bulls buoyed by prospect of Brexit swaying Fed
- Oil falls on profit taking after best quarter in seven years
- UPDATE: Natural Gas Inventory +37 bcf vs +45 bcf Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, ETFs
Related EntitiesFederal Open Market Committee
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!