Dollar Index Backs Off Highs (UUP)
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
The US dollar index, often traded using the ETF PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSE: UUP), made another new high overnight, climbing above 83.50 for the first time since August of 2010. The index dropped below 83.50 to 83.28 after the U.S. jobs data was reported below consensus, which could signal are reversal is beginning, as investors re-evaluate their investment thesis.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ECB deposit facility rate unchanged at 0%, interest rate unchanged at 0.25%
- BoE Maintains Key Rate at 0.5%, Asset Purchases at GBP375B
- Fed Doesn't Object to Revised Goldman (GS), JPMorgan (JPM) Capital Plans
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!