Sigma Designs (SIGM): Cutting PT On Weak Guidance - Baird
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Tristan Gerra, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and sees several growth drivers into F2018 including an initial mobile IoT revenue ramp, new IoT design wins, G.hn, and continued 4K ramp.
For the remainder of F2017, the analyst believes the IoT outlook appears to track slightly above management’s expectation while TV is tracking somewhat below. Strong gross margin performance in the quarter combined with good operating expenses control should provide continued operating leverage going forward.
That said, the F3Q17 revenue guidance midpoint of $63.5 million was below consensus of $67.2 million. This is somewhat offset by the pro forma gross margin guidance midpoint of 48.5% which is above consensus of 47.0%. On the weaker guidance, the price target drops to $9 from $10.
Shares of Sigma Designs closed at $8.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sigma Designs (SIGM): Revenue Headwinds Drive PT Cut - Baird
- Illumina (ILMN) Lower as Morgan Stanley Cuts Numbers, Sees Slow Growth Persisting
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!