Sigma Designs (SIGM): Cutting PT On Weak Guidance - Baird
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Tristan Gerra, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and sees several growth drivers into F2018 including an initial mobile IoT revenue ramp, new IoT design wins, G.hn, and continued 4K ramp.
For the remainder of F2017, the analyst believes the IoT outlook appears to track slightly above management’s expectation while TV is tracking somewhat below. Strong gross margin performance in the quarter combined with good operating expenses control should provide continued operating leverage going forward.
That said, the F3Q17 revenue guidance midpoint of $63.5 million was below consensus of $67.2 million. This is somewhat offset by the pro forma gross margin guidance midpoint of 48.5% which is above consensus of 47.0%. On the weaker guidance, the price target drops to $9 from $10.
Shares of Sigma Designs closed at $8.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baird Remains Bullish on Regency Centers (REG) Following Updated Guidance
- Mizuho Securities Reiterates Buy on Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) - PT to $47
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades Verisk Analytics (VRSK) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!