Leerink Partners Upgrades Sarepta Therapeutic (SRPT) to Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners upgraded Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) from Underperform to Market Perform with a price target of $50.00 (from $5.00).
Analyst Joseph Schwartz commented, "Sarepta's eteplirsen (Exondys 51, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy) surprisingly received FDA's accelerated approval (AA), in stark contrast to the FDA's negative commentary throughout the entire review including the AdCom and recent PROMOVI dystrophin analysis. This decision is extremely unprecedented and follows major disputes among Agency personnel regarding their interpretations of very limited clinical/biomarker data. Ultimately, it appears to us that the FDA bowed to external pressure from patient advocates and others who demanded that a safe and potentially efficacious drug be made available. We are raising our rating to MP (from UP) and PT to $50 (from $5)."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $28.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Baird Upgrades HealthStream (HSTM) to Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!