Baird Downgrades SunPower (SPWR) to Neutral; Underestimated Solar Market Oversupply
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird downgraded SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $7.00 (from $12.00).
Analyst Ben Kallo commented, "We underestimated the extent and duration of the solar market oversupply, and believe the industry continues to deteriorate and will remain in a glut for at least 4+ quarters. Rapid ASP declines could make it difficult for SPWR’s highly efficient modules to command premium pricing. While restructuring initiatives should help SPWR to emerge from the oversupply environment, we believe stock appreciation will be difficult due to many industry headwinds."
Shares of SunPower closed at $7.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Baird Reiterates Outperform on Itron (ITRI) Following Factory Tour
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!