eBay (EBAY) Q2 Results 'Decent', Needham & Company Says
- Market Wrap: Apple has Record iPhone Weekend; Existing Sales Slump in Aug; Is Icahn Unloading Herbalife?
- Actavis (ACT) Made Offer and Still Interested in Deal with Allergan (AGN) - WSJ; Allergan Focuses on Salix Pharma (SLXP) Takeover
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/22 (SUPN) (HLF) (RIG) Higher; (ASNA) (AVNR) (GEL) Lower (more...)
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q4 EPS by 5c; Guides FY15 EPS Well Below Views
- UPDATE: Apple (AAPL) Plans to Shutter Beats Music
Needham & Company analyst Kerry Rice reiterated a Hold on eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY) following 'decent' Q2 results although the company's ability to re-accelerate growth concerns us.
Rice commented, "eBay nearly met 2Q14 revenue expectations despite enduring a cyber-attack and changes to Google's search algorithm. We believe the performance highlights the company's solid core business and management's ability to execute. However, the ability to accelerate future growth remains a concern for us. Some Marketplace customers have not returned following the cyber-attack and those that have appear to be spending less. While management has embarked on marketing efforts to lift spending levels, we believe it could be a challenge. The additional marketing investments are also likely to limit margin expansion. While we believe eBay could post low to mid-teens growth, upside is likely limited."
Shares of eBay closed at $50.70 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Global Hunter Securities Downgrades Regal Beloit (RBC) to Accumulate
- KeyBanc Starts Black Hills Corp (BKH) at Hold
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $115 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!