eBay (EBAY) Q2 Results 'Decent', Needham & Company Says
- Family Dollar Stores (FDO) Rejects Dollar General's (DG) $78.50/Share Bid
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/21: (HTBX) (DGLY) (JRJC) Higher; (KIN) (AMPE) (CYTX) Lower
- BofA (BAC) Enters $16.7B Settlement with DoJ Over RMBS Investigation
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Posts Q2 GAAP Loss of $5.39/Share; Comps Fell 0.1%
- Infineon/International Rectifier (IRF) Seen as Harbinger for More Semi Deals
Needham & Company analyst Kerry Rice reiterated a Hold on eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY) following 'decent' Q2 results although the company's ability to re-accelerate growth concerns us.
Rice commented, "eBay nearly met 2Q14 revenue expectations despite enduring a cyber-attack and changes to Google's search algorithm. We believe the performance highlights the company's solid core business and management's ability to execute. However, the ability to accelerate future growth remains a concern for us. Some Marketplace customers have not returned following the cyber-attack and those that have appear to be spending less. While management has embarked on marketing efforts to lift spending levels, we believe it could be a challenge. The additional marketing investments are also likely to limit margin expansion. While we believe eBay could post low to mid-teens growth, upside is likely limited."
Shares of eBay closed at $50.70 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Janney Capital Upgrades American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) to Buy
- Roth Affirms JA Solar (JASO) at 'Buy' Following Q2 Results, Outlook; Still has Attractive Valuation, Opportunities
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Mobile Telesystems (MBT) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!