SanDisk (SNDK) Bullish Stance Reiterated at Needham & Company Post Q2
- Market Wrap: Durable Goods Orders Outpace in July; Best Buy Slumps on Outlook; iPad News Aplenty
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/26: (TUBE) (CHMT) (ARUN) Higher; (SWHC) (RGR) (TIVO) Lower (more...)
- TiVo, Inc. (TIVO) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c, Offers Q3 Guidance
- Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Cuts FY15 Outlook
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Guides Q4 EPS, Revs
Needham & Company analyst Rajvindra Gill reiterated a Buy rating and $115 price target on SanDisk (NASDAQ: SNDK) following Q2 results, saying shares should reset after mixed guidance although the long-term outlook remains favorable.
SNDK nicely beat 2Q14 ests, but guided 3Q topline slightly lower than the Street ($1.70BN vs $1.74BN) due to unexpected supply constraints. With the stock up 40% YTD (vs 20% for SOX) and 7% in the past month (vs 4% SOX), expectations were clearly high entering into the print. SNDK saw a surge in SSD growth which required more 19nm bits, and hence reduced overall NAND supply, leading to slightly lower outlook. However, we believe this situation is temporary and we expect SNDK will add wafer capacity in the 4Q. Net, we think SNDK's improving mix to enterprise SSDs & embedded is a good model long term. Maintain Buy, $115 PT.
Shares of SanDisk closed at $107.83 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Arcelor Mittal (MT) to Buy
- Deutsche Bank Starts Jarden Corporation (JAH) at Buy
- Twitch Seen as Good Fit for Amazon (AMZN) - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!