SanDisk (SNDK) Bullish Stance Reiterated at Needham & Company Post Q2
- Rite Aid (RAD) Tops Q2 EPS by 7c; Cuts FY15 EPS Outlook
- Third Point Acquired Stake in TransCanada Corp. (TRP) - Reuters
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/18: (EMKR) (VVUS) (XXII) Higher; (MCHX) (VHC) (ECTE) Lower
- Apple (AAPL) Gets One Step Closer to Starting iPhone 6/6+ Sales in China
- Initial Jobless Claims Rose to 280K Last Week, Coming in Below Expectations
Needham & Company analyst Rajvindra Gill reiterated a Buy rating and $115 price target on SanDisk (NASDAQ: SNDK) following Q2 results, saying shares should reset after mixed guidance although the long-term outlook remains favorable.
SNDK nicely beat 2Q14 ests, but guided 3Q topline slightly lower than the Street ($1.70BN vs $1.74BN) due to unexpected supply constraints. With the stock up 40% YTD (vs 20% for SOX) and 7% in the past month (vs 4% SOX), expectations were clearly high entering into the print. SNDK saw a surge in SSD growth which required more 19nm bits, and hence reduced overall NAND supply, leading to slightly lower outlook. However, we believe this situation is temporary and we expect SNDK will add wafer capacity in the 4Q. Net, we think SNDK's improving mix to enterprise SSDs & embedded is a good model long term. Maintain Buy, $115 PT.
Shares of SanDisk closed at $107.83 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD) Price Target Reduced to $6.50 at Deutsche Bank Following Disappointing Guidance
- BTIG Starts Lombard Medical (EVAR) at Buy
- KeyBanc Starts ICON (ICLR) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!