Deutsche Bank Comments on American International Group's (AIG) Q1
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
Deutsche Bank maintained a Hold rating on American International Group (NYSE: AIG) with a price target of $55. Comments follow Q1 results.
Analyst Joshua Shanker said, "AIG's result compared with our forecast of $1.02 and Street consensus of $1.07. While a sizable EPS beat, the differences with our numbers largely relate to outsized performance in capital market sensitive line items like $469mm in mark-to-market gains on the DIB/GCM business (vs. none in our model) and $862mm in alternative/other investment income (vs. our $782mm). These two items combine for $0.21 in earnings. We were forecasting about $0.84 in "normalized" core earnings, and AIG produced approximately $0.79. The slow progress on core earnings growth is key to our Hold recommendation."
Shares of American International Group closed at $52.72 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Upgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Buy
- Deutsche Bank Comments on Gains in Vertex (VRTX)
- Piper Jaffray Reiterates Bullish Stance on SanDisk (SNDK) on Earnings Momentum from Fusion IO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!