Deutsche Bank Comments on American International Group's (AIG) Q1
- Market Wrap: Durable Goods Orders Outpace in July; Best Buy Slumps on Outlook; iPad News Aplenty
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/26: (TUBE) (CHMT) (ARUN) Higher; (SWHC) (RGR) (TIVO) Lower (more...)
- TiVo, Inc. (TIVO) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c, Offers Q3 Guidance
- Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Cuts FY15 Outlook
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Guides Q4 EPS, Revs
Deutsche Bank maintained a Hold rating on American International Group (NYSE: AIG) with a price target of $55. Comments follow Q1 results.
Analyst Joshua Shanker said, "AIG's result compared with our forecast of $1.02 and Street consensus of $1.07. While a sizable EPS beat, the differences with our numbers largely relate to outsized performance in capital market sensitive line items like $469mm in mark-to-market gains on the DIB/GCM business (vs. none in our model) and $862mm in alternative/other investment income (vs. our $782mm). These two items combine for $0.21 in earnings. We were forecasting about $0.84 in "normalized" core earnings, and AIG produced approximately $0.79. The slow progress on core earnings growth is key to our Hold recommendation."
Shares of American International Group closed at $52.72 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Arcelor Mittal (MT) to Buy
- Piper Jaffray Downgrades Foot Locker (FL) to Neutral
- UPDATE: Mobileye N.V (MBLY) Seen as Top Pick at Morgan Stanley; Analyst Starts at Overweight with $46 Price Target
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!