UBS Cuts AT&T (T) to Neutral on Lower EPS Estimates
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 8:06 AM EDT)
UBS downgraded AT&T (NYSE: T) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $43.00 (from $46.00). Analyst John C. Hodulik sees lower earnings growth than he originally expected and reduced 2016 and 2017 estimates.
"We are lowering our EPS estimates by 3% to reflect the increased competitive intensity in wireless and incremental costs associated with AT&T's DTV Now roll-out. We now project EPS of $2.84 in 2016 (prior $2.93) and $3.02 in 2017 (prior $3.12), reflecting 4.6% and 6.4% growth, respectively. We continue to believe AT&T is on track to exit 2016 with $1.5B in synergies and reach its $2.5B target next year," said Hodulik.
Discussing increasing competitive intensity in wireless, the analyst said, "We recently highlighted our view that wireless EBITDA growth is set to slow, driven by 3 factors: 1) diminishing benefits from the shift to installment plans, 2) limited upside to savings from lower volumes, and 3) ramping competitive intensity. The recent ~$300 per iPhone promotions suggest this theory is starting to play out, resulting in lower wireless margins in 2H. While this promotion is about to end, we expect carriers to remain competitive in 4Q and with AT&T's new OTT product around the corner and new cable MVNO launches in mid-2017, competitive intensity is only picking up."
Shares of AT&T closed at $41.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Lifted to $75 at Nomura
- Yahoo! (YHOO): Downgrading To Hold, Raising PT - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!